Registrar Data Escrow Agent Change
Registrars wishing to change their Data Escrow Agent (DEA) should follow the Registrar DEA Change process outlined below.
- Registrar selects a gaining Registrar DEA from the list on the Registrar Data Escrow Program page.
- Registrar submits a completed Registrar DEA Change Request [PDF, 173 KB] form by emailing it to email@example.com.
- Registrar contacts gaining Registrar DEA to initiate the execution of the Registrar Data Escrow Agreement (RDEA). The RDEA is first routed to the registrar, then the gaining Registrar DEA, and finally to the ICANN organization for signature. The ICANN-approved RDEA templates for all Registrar DEAs can be found on the Registrar Data Escrow Program page.
- Upon receipt of the fully executed RDEA, Registrar starts depositing with the gaining DEA and continues to deposit with the current DEA.
- Registrar notifies ICANN once it has made the first successful full deposit with the gaining DEA.
- Upon confirmation, ICANN org sends a transition notice to all parties, confirming that the previous RDEA is terminated and the Registrar can stop depositing with the previous DEA.