Accountability Mechanisms Committee of the Board
Léon Felipe Sanchez Ambia
The Accountability Mechanisms Committee was established by the Board at its 23 September 2017 meeting.
From 23 September 2017, Reconsideration Requests Are the Responsibility of the Board Accountability Mechanisms Committee.
- name, address, and contact information for the requesting party, including postal and e-mail addresses;
- the specific action or inaction of ICANN for which review or reconsideration is sought;
- the date of the action or inaction;
- the manner by which the requesting party will be affected by the action or inaction;
- the extent to which, in the opinion of the party submitting the Request for Reconsideration, the action or inaction complained of adversely affects others;
- whether a temporary stay of any action complained of is requested, and if so, the harms that will result if the action is not stayed;
- in the case of staff action or inaction, a detailed explanation of the facts as presented to the staff and the reasons why the staff's action or inaction was inconsistent with established ICANN policy(ies);
- in the case of Board action or inaction, a detailed explanation of the material information not considered by the Board and, if the information was not presented to the Board, the reasons the party submitting the request did not submit it to the Board before it acted or failed to act;
- what specific steps the requesting party asks ICANN to take-i.e., whether and how the action should be reversed, cancelled, or modified, or what specific action should be taken;
- the grounds on which the requested action should be taken; and
- any documents the requesting party wishes to submit in support of its request.
The above information must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Requests will be publicly posted.
How to comment on a request for reconsideration. Comments on requests for reconsideration should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.