ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee Announces Selections
LOS ANGELES – 26 October 2017 – The ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee is pleased to announce its selections for the Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) Board of Directors.
PTI Board of Directors
|Lise Katrine Fuhr
Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands
Fuhr and Wang will take up their positions immediately after ICANN's Annual General Meeting, which will take place from 28 October to 3 November in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The Nominating Committee is charged with recruiting and selecting a portion of ICANN's leadership. The Nominating Committee is mandated to ensure that ICANN's overall leadership is diverse in geography, culture, skills, experience, and perspective. Selectees should have the following basic criteria:
- Understand ICANN's mission and operation.
- Are committed to ICANN's success.
- Work effectively in English.
- Have integrity, objectivity, and sound judgment.
- Support decision-making within groups. Have experience in world affairs.
- Contribute to cultural, professional, and geographic expertise.
- Can work long and hard, generally as volunteers, for the global public trust.
To learn more about the Nominating Committee, visit http://nomcom.icann.org/.
ICANN's mission is to help ensure a stable, secure and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.