Pre-ICANN 53 Policy Update Webinar
Please RSVP via this form by 5 June 2015.
Remote participation details will be sent the week of 8 June 2015.
The ICANN Policy Development Support Team will provide a Policy Update Webinar on Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 10:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC, summarizing policy activities across the ICANN policy development community and the ongoing Transition of Stewardship of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions and the ICANN Accountability efforts.
Updates will also be provided on topics from ICANN's Support Organizations and Advisory Committees:
- Address Supporting Organization (ASO) and Regional Internet Registries (RIR) Activities
- Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Policy and Implementation Working Group Final Report
- GNSO Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues Working Group Initial Report
- GNSO Translation & Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group Final Report
- Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Framework of Interpretation Working Group Recommendations
- At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) and Regional At-Large Organizations (RALO) Activities
- Government Advisory Committee's (GAC) Update on Country Names Protection
- Government Advisory Committee's (GAC) Update on Human Rights and Underserved Regions
- GAC's Implementation of the Second Accountability and Transparency Review Team's (ATRT2) Recommendations
- GAC Advice on new gTLD Safeguards
- Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC) Recent Publications
- Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC) Caucus Work Party Update
- Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) Advisory on the Use of Static TLD/suffix lists
- Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) Activity Update
The two sessions are duplicates, scheduled to accommodate different time zones. Each session runs for 90 minutes and will be conducted in English. The webinar will be conducted in Adobe Connect along with a dial-in conference bridge for audio. The slides and transcript of the session will be translated into Spanish.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of each session. During the course of the webinar, questions may be submitted using the chat function in Adobe Connect.
Recordings of the webinars will be made available. The Policy Development Support Team is always available to answer any questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.