Actividades y reuniones de la Junta Directiva
Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas
OEC Attendees: Avri Doria – Chair, Becky Burr, Danko Jevtovic, Lito Ibarra, Patricio Poblete and Matthew Shears
Other Board Attendee: León Sánchez (Vice-Chair, ICANN Board)
Executive and Staff Attendees: Michelle Bright (Board Content Coordination Director), Xavier Calvez (SVP, Planning and Chief Financial Officer), Franco Carrasco (Board Operations Specialist), Steve Conte (Director, IROS Operations), Amy Creamer (Senior Project Manager, IROS Operations), Samantha Eisner (Deputy General Counsel), Negar Farzinnia (Director, Implementation Operations), Larisa Gurnick (VP, Review Operations & Accountability), John Jeffrey (General Counsel & Secretary), Vinciane Koenigsfeld (Senior Director, Board Operations), Laena Rahim (Regional Counsel, APAC) and Theresa Swinehart (SVP, Global Domains and Strategy)
The following is a summary of discussions, decisions, and actions identified:
The Meeting was called to order at 17:00 UTC.
- Welcome Remarks – The Chair welcomed Patricio Poblete as a new member of the OEC.
- Agenda – The Chair established the agenda for the meeting and gave an overview of items to be discussed.
Review Update: Specific Reviews – ICANN organization provided an update on the progress and timelines of Specific Reviews, i.e., the third review of Accountability and Transparency (ATRT3) and the second review of the Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS (SSR2).
- ATRT3: The ATRT3 Board Caucus Group, the Board Caucus on Budgeting and Prioritization of Community Recommendations (BPCR) and the OEC held joint calls on 5 and 9 November 2020 to continue their discussion on the ATRT3 recommendations. The ATRT3 Board Caucus Group will present a draft scorecard with its initial recommendations for Board action during an upcoming Board Info Call. The ATRT3 Board Caucus Group will continue with its outreach to the ATRT3 implementation shepherds (via e-mail) to discuss progress updates and/or to clarify aspects of the ATRT3 work, if necessary. Per the ICANN Bylaws, the. Board has to take action on the ATRT3 Final Recommendations within six months from the date that the ATRT3 Review Team submitted its Final Report to the Board (by no later than 1 December 2020).
- SSR2 Review: The SSR2 Draft Report closed for Public Comment on 20 March 2020. The SSR2 Review Team is working in sub-teams to analyze the comments received and amend the SSR2 Draft Report, as necessary. The SSR2 Review Team conducted a webinar during prep week for ICANN69, and expects to complete its review in December 2020.
Review Update: Organizational Reviews – ICANN org provided a brief update on the progress of Organizational Reviews, i.e., the second Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO2) Review), the second Nominating Committee (NomCom) Review and planning for the third Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO3) Review.
- ccNSO2 Review: The ccNSO Review Working Party submitted its Feasibility and Initial Implementation Plan on 30 June 2020. The OEC will follow up with the ccNSO to request clarification and additional information to help inform the OEC of its assessment prior to making a recommendation to the Board.
- NomCom2 Review: The NomCom2 Review Implementation Working Group (RIWG) submitted its progress report on 30 June 2020. The NomCom RIWG is currently drafting an introductory note on proposals for Bylaws updates, as signaled in the detailed implementation plan, and will submit the note to the OEC by December 2020.
GNSO3 Review: During the OEC meeting held on 15 September 2020, ICANN org provided a brief update on the preparation involved and the estimated timeline for the GNSO3 Review in light of the following considerations:
- The implications of the ATRT3's suggestion (in its transmittal letter to the Board) to implement a moratorium on launching any new Organizational and Specific Reviews until the Board has made its decision on the ATRT3's recommendation on reviews;
- To determine an appropriate course of action to make the GNSO aware of the timing and preparation efforts involved for the next GNSO Review; and
- To discuss the potential timing considerations and dependencies with Board action on the ATRT3 recommendation on reviews.
The ICANN Board sent a letter to the GNSO Council, GNSO Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies on 12 October 2020 regarding the timing of the GNSO3 Review, and is currently awaiting their replies.
- In relation to the ccNSO2 Review, ICANN org to assist the OEC to finalize a letter to the ccNSO to seek clarification and additional information to help inform the OEC's assessment prior to making a recommendation to the Board.
Review of Open Action Items and Watched Action Items - The OEC noted that some of the "Open Action Items" will be completed during the discussion at the current meeting, there are several action items which will be followed up in time for the next OEC meeting, and there are also other action items which will require more time to complete. The OEC also reviewed and revised the OEC's "Watched Action Items" list to reflect items which should remain on the list. Items on the list are not for current action, but deserve periodic examination or discussion by the OEC.
- Previously identified action item on the "Open Action Items" list ("Proposal for Planning and Prioritization Framework Pilot") will be updated to reflect an estimated delivery date by early 2021.
- Update on the IANA Naming Function Review (IFR) – ICANN org provided a brief update on the status of the IFR. The IFR Initial Report is now open for Public Comment, and the Public Comment period will be closed on 2 December 2020.
The Chair called the meeting to a close.
Published on 08 December 2020