Actividades y reuniones de la Junta Directiva
Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas
Published 16 June 2016
BGC Attendees: Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Cherine Chalaby, Chris Disspain (Chair), Erika Mann Mike Silber, and Bruce Tonkin
BGC Apologies: Suzanne Woolf
Other Board Member Attendees: Rafael Lito Ibarra, Asha Hemrajani, and Markus Kummer
ICANN Executive and Staff Attendees: Akram Atallah (President and CEO; President, Global Domains Division), Samantha Eisner (Associate General Counsel), John Jeffrey (General Counsel and Secretary), Melissa King (VP, Board Operations), David Olive (Sr. VP, Policy Development Support; General Manager, ICANN Regional Headquarters –Istanbul), Wendy Profit (Board Operations Specialist), Amy Stathos (Deputy General Counsel), Theresa Swinehart (Sr. VP, Multistakeholder Strategy and Strategic Initiatives), and Christine Willett (VP of gTLD Operations)
Invited Guests: J. Beckwith Burr; representatives on behalf of Dotgay LLC
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken, and actions identified:
- Minutes – The BGC approved the minutes from the meeting on 12 April 2016.
- Dotgay LLC’s Oral Presentation to the BGC re Reconsideration Request 16-3 – Dotgay LLC made a presentation to the BGC regarding Reconsideration Request 16-3. Dotgay LLC’s presentation materials and written summary of its presentation have been published at https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/reconsideration-16-3-dotgay-request-2016-02-18-en.
- BGC to consider additional information provided and then consider Request 16-3.
- Expected Standards of Behavior – Staff provided an overview of the proposed enhancements to the current Expected Standards of Behavior, as well as the parallel efforts with respect to developing a community anti-harassment policy/procedure. The BGC discussed the proposed revisions and agreed to recommend that the Board authorize the posting for public comment of the proposed revisions to the Expected Standards of Behavior. The BGC also discussed the input from the community requesting that ICANN work with an expert, as needed and appropriate, to help develop a proposed community anti-harassment policy/procedure to be followed at ICANN Public meetings. The BGC agreed to recommend that the Board direct the President and CEO, or his designee(s), to retain an expert, as appropriate, with experience in drafting and implementing relevant anti-harassment policies to assist in the development of a community anti-harassment policy/procedure to be followed at ICANN Public meetings, which could include items such as complaints handling and resolution, and enforcement processes.
- Staff to engage expert and work up proposals for discussion with the community.
- Board Working Group on Internet Governance – The BGC discussed the establishment of a Board Working Group on Internet Governance (BWG-IG) to provide consultation and advice on ICANN’s efforts related to involvement in Internet governance work, as appropriate within ICANN’s mission and in service of ICANN’s strategic plan. The following Board members have volunteered to be members of the BWG-IG: Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Ron da Silva, Chris Disspain, Markus Kummer (Chair), Erika Mann, George Sadowsky, and Lousewies Van der Laan. The BGC agreed to recommend that the Board form the BWG-IG and appoint the above-named Board members to the BWG-IG. The BGC further noted that additional Board members may be added to the BWG-IG membership, if other Board members subsequently express an interest.
- Staff to add the BWG-IG formation and membership to the Board meeting agenda for approval.
- Call for Expressions of Interest for 2017 Nominating Committee Chair and Chair-Elect – Staff provided an overview of the draft Call for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for 2017 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Chair and Chair-Elect positions. The Call for EOIs explains that, while it is anticipated that the 2016 Chair-Elect position will be elevated to the 2017 Chair position, such is not necessarily the case and EOIs may be submitted through 10 June 2016. Staff further explained that 360-degree reviews of the current NomCom leadership will take place, which will help inform the BGC in making its recommendation to the Board regarding the 2017 NomCom Chair and Chair-Elect. The BGC agreed to post the Call for EOIs for 2017 NomCom Chair and Chair-Elect.
- Staff to post Call for EOIs.
- Staff to gather EOIs and present to BGC for consideration.
- Board 360-Degree Evaluation – Staff provided an overview of the 360-degree evaluation conducted by the Board. The BGC agreed to forward the Board self-evaluation report to the Board and recommend that the Board post the scores, which is consistent with the process that has been followed in past years.
- Update on Reconsideration Request 16-4 – Staff briefed the BGC on Reconsideration Request 16-4, which seeks reconsideration of the Contractual Compliance department’s response to the Requester’s complaint regarding a dispute about a domain name between the Requester and the relevant domain name registrar. At the 12 April 2016 BGC meeting, the BGC requested that staff obtain additional information regarding the nature and basis of the dispute between the registrant and registrar. Staff provided an overview of the efforts to obtain the additional information and explained that the Contractual Compliance department is in the process of concluding its further investigation. The BGC continued its consideration of Request 16-4 until the further information has been provided.
- Staff to finalize the investigation and then re-submit Request 16-4 to the BGC for consideration.
Committee and Board Chair 360-Degree Evaluations – The BGC discussed having each of the Board committees, and the Board, conduct a 360-degree evaluation of their respective Chair or Co-Chairs (or vice chair). The BGC discussed the need to tailor the Board 360-degree evaluation questionnaire to Chair positions.
- Staff to draft a 360-degree evaluation questionnaire tailored to Board and Committee Chair positions, and then distribute it to the BGC for review.