Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas
ICANN is soliciting information, advice and proposed models as it considers soliciting expressions of interest in new gTLDs.
The public comment forum will be open until December 11, 2009 however, community members that wish to have their input considered by the Board during its December meeting, should submit comments no later than November 27, 2009.
You can access this Expressions of Interest Public Comment Forum here:
A call for expressions of interest in new gTLDs could provide ICANN and potential applicants important information about the level of interest in the program, which could assist in the resolution of the remaining issues and the planning for the coming new gTLD round.
Receiving expressions of interest (possibly with some financial deposit) will likely contribute to a better understanding of: 1) the economic demand for new gTLDs; 2) the number of gTLDs that are likely to be requested; and 3) inform the program’s operational readiness plan. The EOI path presents also some challenges as outlined below.
The ICANN Board has instructed the staff to study the potential impact of a call for formal expressions of interest (EOI), and provide a plan for Board consideration at ICANN's next Board meeting, 9 December 2009. The plan should include possible options and a risk analysis relating to the proposed action.
This step was the result of public forum comment in ICANN’s Seoul meeting. The discussion indicates significant community interest in the potential for an EOI and that formulation of the model would benefit from expertise that can be found in the community.
- propose EOI models, and
- offer support or criticism for the concept overall.
The most helpful comments will provide rationale along with opinions on the following issues:
- How do we ensure that participation in the EOI accurately represents the level of interest?
- Should only those who participate in the EOI be eligible to participate in the first round when the program officially launches?
- Should a deposit be required for participation in the EOI?
- If there is a fee, under what circumstances should there be refund?
- What information should be collected from EOI participants?
- 5.1 What subset of applicant questions found in the Applicant Guidebook at http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/draft-evaluation-criteria-clean-04oct09-en.pdf should be answered?
- 5.2 Including applied-for strings?
- 5.3 Should information be made public?
- Must the responder commit to go live within a certain time of delegation?
- What are the implications for potential changes to the Applicant Guidebook after the EOI participation period closes?
- What are the potential risks associated with the EOI?
Related Resources:For Program details, go to: http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtld-program.htm