ICANN org Contact(s)email@example.com
What We Need Your Input On
This Public Comment proceeding seeks community feedback on the Draft IANA FY24 Operating Plan & Budget and the Draft PTI FY24 Operating Plan & Budget.
PTI is an affiliate of ICANN and, through contracts and subcontracts with ICANN, is responsible for the operations of the IANA functions. PTI has its own Bylaws that require the organization to develop its own annual PTI OP& B. The PTI OP&B includes all costs directly related to the delivery of the IANA services: performing day-to-day operations, developing and evolving tools and systems, reporting on performance and customer satisfaction, and maintaining the security and integrity of key elements of Internet infrastructure.
The IANA OP&B includes the PTI OP&B, activities related to the contract oversight, and activities incurred by ICANN. Once the PTI OP&B is adopted by the PTI Board, it is then incorporated into the broader IANA OP&B, which is considered by the ICANN Board to support the operations of the IANA Functions.
Because the annual IANA OP&B comprises the full PTI OP&B, it is important that both documents are thoroughly reviewed during the Public Comment process.
|Proposals For Your Input|
The Annual OP&B sets forth the focus of effort and organizational commitment for the current fiscal year. ICANN’s Bylaws and PTI’s Bylaws require the preparation and adoption of an Annual OP&B prior to the commencement of each fiscal year.
During this Public Comment Period
- Community members seeking clarification on any details in the draft plans should submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 4 October 2022.
- ICANN org will provide responses to clarifying questions by 10 October 2022, approximately 3 weeks before this Public Comment period ends.
After this Public Comment Period
- ICANN org will consult the community as-needed to ensure understanding of the comments submitted and prepare a report of Public Comments.
- Where necessary, changes will be made to the draft plans. The revised draft PTI plan will be presented to the PTI Board for consideration in December 2022; once approved, the revised IANA plan, inclusive of the approved PTI plan, will be presented to the ICANN Board for consideration.
- The Empowered Community will have an opportunity to consider the IANA Operating Plan and Budget after ICANN Board approval. An overview of the Empowered Community's powers is published on the Empowered Community webpage.