Board Activities and Meetings
IC attendees: Harald Alvestrand – chair, Dennis Jennings, Thomas Narten, Katim Touray, and Suzanne Woolf.
Staff Members Present: Doug Brent – COO, Kurt Pritz – SVP-Services; David Conrad, Samantha Eisner, Barbara Roseman, Diane Schroeder, and Amy Stathos.
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed the creation of an IC work plan, setting out the items for committee action and the proposed timeframe for aligning the work plan items with the upcoming IC meetings.
- Staff to provide update on the outcomes of the RFC Inventory project.
- Staff to share documentation of root zone process with IC, for review and discussion at a later meeting.
- Staff to provide IC with reports and tracking materials generated within the IANA Functions department.
- Received an update from staff regarding ICANN’s performance of the IANA Functions contract.
- Staff to prepare outline of benchmark dates of note for continued operational performance of the IANA functions contract for next IC meeting.
- Received operational status report from staff on DNSSEC and the ongoing work with the NTIA and VeriSign, including the creation of a joint website, http://www.root-dnssec.org/, to assist in providing information to the community of the status of work, in addition to the documentation published on the NTIA website. Documentation is being produced in coordination with NTIA.
- Received report from staff on the signing of the .ARPA zone in coordination with VeriSign and NTIA, and also received an update on general architecture work within ICANN.
- Received update from staff on the status of the external review of the root zone management process.
- Staff to forward report of external review of ICANN’s performance in the root zone management process in advance of next IC meeting.
- Staff to provide IC with briefing on the objective audit standards that the IANA functions department will be using to measure suitability of processes to performance.
- Received an update on the status of finalizing documentation on reclaimed IPv4 /8 blocks.