A cross-departmental team within ICANN has been working for months to improve the usefulness and the look of ICANN's main website, ICANN.ORG. The completely redesigned site is expected to launch in the first quarter of 2012.
How will the new site differ from today's site? What new features can you look forward to? Will rearranging the site break links to content you rely on? For the answers to these and other relevant questions, join us for a live webinar on 21 November, 2011. Presented by ICANN's Communications Department, the webinar will cover:
- Findings of research into what most users are trying to do when they visit ICANN.ORG
- Six different types, or "personas," of users, and what they want
- How the redesign will meet the needs of most users
- The proposed new information architecture for ICANN.ORG.
- A look at wireframes for the proposed new home page and the proposed new mobile view of ICANN.ORG
- Previews of some new features we think users will like
- Your comments, questions, and suggestions: are we heading in the right direction?
Representatives from Four Kitchens, the vendor ICANN has contracted to help with the site redesign, will co-present. Previous Four Kitchens clients include Al Jazeera (English site), The Economist, SxSW, and many others.
To accommodate multiple time zones, the webinar will be given twice in the same day. Information presented will be identical in each session (though of course input from attendees will vary). Scheduled webinar times are:
- 21 November, 2011, 16:00 UTC (3:00 Sydney, 8:00 Marina del Rey, 17:00 Brussels)
- 21 November, 2011, 23:00 UTC (10:00 Sydney, 15:00 Marina del Rey, 24:00 Brussels)
To join, at the appointed hour simply point your browser to the Adobe Connect room found at http://icann.adobeconnect.com/communications/. Connect will deliver both audio and visuals over your PC. Participants can ask questions via the open chat room during the session. Each session is scheduled for one hour, and will be conducted in English.
If you've gotten lost while trying to find something on the ICANN website, or wanted to express your website wishes directly to the people who can implement them, this is your best opportunity for direct engagement. Please plan to join us!