Pursuant to a Resolution passed by the GNSO Council at its meeting on 21 April 2010, the community is invited to provide comments on a set of GNSO Improvements recommendations submitted by the Communications and Coordination Work Team (CCT) on 9 April 2010. The recommendations are part of the overall GNSO Improvements effort and are designed to help the GNSO Council and the GNSO Constituencies and Stakeholder Groups improve communications, cooperation and coordination among themselves and with other ICANN structures.
This report is the product of a cross-constituency Communications and Coordination Work Team (CCT) that was chartered by the GNSO's Operations Steering Committee (OSC) in March 2009 to review and recommend implementation proposals concerning certain sections of the Board Governance Committee's GNSO Review Working Group Report on GNSO Improvements (3 February 2008 – see link below) including:
- Developing new GNSO website requirements including document management and collaboration tools;
- Improving the GNSO's ability to solicit meaningful feedback; and
- Improving the GNSO's coordination with other ICANN structures.
The CCT's Final Consolidated Recommendations report was approved by the OSC and forwarded to the Council effective 9 April 2010. To inform potential readers of the general content of the report, two main chapters address the following areas:
Chapter II: Technology Recommendations
- The GNSO website;
- Document management; and
- Collaboration tools.
Chapter III: Communications and Coordination Recommendations
- Soliciting community feedback;
- Board-GNSO communications;
- Cross SO/AC communication;
- Time demands and prioritization; and
- Other recommendations.
- CCT Final Consolidated Recommendations [PDF, 479 KB]
- CCT Wiki Space and Charter
- GNSO Council Resolution Inviting Public Comment
- The Board's GNSO Improvements Report (3 Feb 2008) [PDF, 193 KB]
The Process From Here:
At the end of this Public Comment Forum period, ICANN Staff will review the comments submitted and prepare a summary analysis of the various submissions for GNSO Council review.
Deadline and How to Submit Comments:
At the direction of the GNSO Council, the Staff is opening a 21-day public consultation forum, from 23 April through 13 May 2010 and invites community comments on this document.
The formal Public Comment Forum Box is located here: http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/public-comment-201005-en.htm#cct
To submit comments: email@example.com
To view comments: http://forum.icann.org/lists/cct-recommendations/
Staff Responsible: Julie Hedlund