ICANN Announces Global Indigenous Ambassador Program
In addition to the U.N. six languages, this content is also available in
LOS ANGELES – 14 June 2017 – The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) today announced the creation of the Global Indigenous Ambassador Program. The program establishes two Indigenous Ambassadors, to be selected from underrepresented indigenous communities. Through the inclusion of a broader and more diverse base of knowledgeable constituents, ICANN will be better equipped to support the next generation of the global Internet community. "This is an exciting opportunity for two Indigenous Ambassadors to learn about ICANN and the At-Large community, representing the best interests of Internet end users," states Loris Taylor, President & CEO, Native Public Media.
ICANN is now accepting applications for two Global Indigenous Ambassadors. Applicants must be members of unserved or underserved tribal or native communities and meet the ICANN Fellowship Program criteria. Selected participants will receive travel, hotel, and per diem for the ICANN60 Conference in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, to be held 28 October – 3 November 2017.
The deadline for submitting applications is 6 July 2017.
- Get your application here: Global Indigenous Ambassador Application
- Send your completed application to: email@example.com
ICANN wants participants to learn as much as possible during ICANN60. As part of the program, Indigenous Ambassadors will:
- Work with an indigenous mentor for the duration of the conference.
- Attend the ICANN Newcomer Sunday meeting with a Public Responsibility Support team representative who will facilitate the session to ensure inclusion.
- Participate in the Fellowship Morning sessions Monday through Thursday to gain an understanding of and experience with ICANN and its multi-stakeholder community.
- Submit a detailed report within 30 days after the conference – describing activities and assessing the Ambassador's experience. These reports help ICANN in evaluating future Fellowship efforts.
ICANN encourages anyone who is qualified to apply for this special opportunity!