هذا المحتوى متوفر فقط باللغة (أو اللغات)
The IDN variant TLDs issues project is dedicated to identify the issues that need to be solved to facilitate a good and safe user experience before the delegation of IDN Variant TLDs can proceed. Solving the issues identified in the project will be the focus of follow-on projects by ICANN policy development, implementation plans (produced by ICANN staff in consultation with the community), relevant technical work by IETF and other organizations, etc.
Following the successful formation and announcement of the six case study teams last week, the IDN Variant Issues Project is pleased to announce today that the following organizations have been selected to be the local hosts for each of the script case studies. Host organizations are expected to provide meeting and other facilities to support the case studies work. Host organization for each case study is as follows:
- Arabic script: Qatar Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology (ictQATAR)
- Chinese script: Chinese Domain Name Consortium (CDNC)
- Cyrillic script: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Devanagari script: Department of Information Technology (DIT), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India
- Greek script: Institute of Computer Science of the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH-ICS)
- Latin script: The Internet Infrastructure Foundation – Registry Operator for .SE
ICANN thanks all the organizations that made proposals to provide meeting and other facilities to support each of the six IDN Variant Issues Project case study teams.
Interested members of the community can receive updates and participate in the discussions of this work by subscribing to the mailing list (https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/vip) or by visiting the ICANN Community wiki https://community.icann.org/display/VIP/.
On April 20, 2011, ICANN announced its approach to move forward with the IDN Variant TLDs Issues Project by publishing the Final Project Proposal. To see the list of volunteer members that were selected for each of the script case study teams, please see our previous announcement. These volunteers offer expertise in the following areas: DNS, IDNA, linguistics, security & scalability, policy, registry/registrar operations, and community representatives.