Activités et réunions du Conseil d’administration
Ce contenu est uniquement disponible en
BGC Attendees: Becky Burr, Sarah Deutsch, Avri Doria, Danko Jevtović, Ihab Osman, León Sánchez, and Tripti Sinha (Chair)
Other Board Member Attendees: Manal Ismail, Patricio Poblete, and Katrina Sataki
ICANN org Attendees: Bart Boswinkel (Sr. Director, ccNSO Policy Development Support), Michelle Bright (Board Content Coordination Director), Franco Carrasco (Board Operations Specialist), Samantha Eisner (Deputy General Counsel), John Jeffrey (General Counsel and Secretary), Elizabeth Le (Associate General Counsel), David Olive (SVP, Policy Development Support), Amy Stathos (Deputy General Counsel), and Theresa Swinehart (SVP, Global Domains and Strategy)
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Agenda review – The Chair opened the meeting and reviewed the meeting agenda.
- Opening remarks from BGC Chair/review of past activities – The Chair reviewed the following action items from the prior meeting: (a) ICANN org to circulate the summary of Board members' statements of interest disclosures to Board members for review and then publish; (b) ICANN org to revise and finalize the Nominating Committee (NomCom) Board Member Position Description document to capture the issues raised during the meeting, to circulate the revised document via email for BGC approval, and thereafter to send the final document to the NomCom Secretariat for publication; and (c) ICANN org to update the work plan to reflect the Committee's discussion. The Chair noted that all action items have been completed.
Charter for Board Ad-Hoc Group on ccNSO Proposed Retirement of ccTLDs – The BGC received a briefing from ICANN org on the background relating to the Charter for the Board Ad-Hoc Group on the ccNSO's proposed retirement of county code top level domains. The mandate of the Board Ad-Hoc Group is laid out in Section 1 of the Charter. The BGC discussed the responsibilities of the Ad-Hoc Group, which is set forth in Section 2 of the Charter, and includes, among others, "[r]eview and provide guidance to the Board on matters relating to the overall implementation of the proposed policy" and "preparation of advice to the Board to manner in which ccNSO proposed policy recommendations should be handled by the Board going forward." Following discussion, the BGC approved the Charter. The BGC Chair noted that she will send out a call for expressions of interest to serve on the Ad-Hoc Group, and further noted that Becky Burr, Avri Doria, Patricio Poblete, and Katrina Sataki have already expressed their interests.
- Actions: Chair to send out an email to full Board asking for expressions of interest to serve on the Ad-Hoc Group.
Review of Board Five Question Survey – The BGC reviewed the Five Question Survey which is completed for term-ending Board members who are seeking a subsequent term. The results of the survey are meant to be shared with the selecting bodies. The Committee reviewed the survey and determined that it did not need updating.
- Actions: ICANN org to launch survey.
Review of Peer Evaluation Survey – The BGC reviewed the Peer Evaluation Survey and determined that it did not need updating. The BGC engaged in a discussion regarding the effectiveness of the survey and whether there are other Board best practices related to self-improvement tools that the Committee should consider. The BGC asked org to research the value of this type of review and whether there are other Board best practices on self-improvement that may be relevant to this Board.
- Actions: ICANN org to research the value of the peer evaluation reviews and whether there are other Board best practices on self-improvement that may be well suited for this Board.
Call for Expression of Interest for Board Member Seat on the Independent Review Process (IRP) Implementation Oversight Team (IOT) – The Committee noted that one of the two Board seats on the IRP-IOT, previously held by Nigel Roberts, needs to be filled. The BGC Chair stated that she will send out an email asking for expressions of interest to serve as a member of the IRP-IOT.
- Actions: BGC Chair to send out an email to full Board asking for expressions of interest to serve as a member of the IRP-IOT.
- AOB – The BGC briefly discussed the process for handling advice from the advisory committees, noting that it is slated to be discussed at the full Board level.
Published on 25 May 2022