Ce contenu est uniquement disponible en
The Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Working Group that was launched following the adoption of its charter by the GNSO Council on 24 June 2009 is requesting your input to inform its deliberations to answer the questions outlined below. In addition to your views on these questions, the Working Group is particularly interested in receiving supporting data and information related to the questions outlined below. Any information to help quantify the problem or information on specific situations that you are aware of that might be addressed as part of these questions, would be appreciated.
To what extent should registrants be able to reclaim their domain names after they expire? At issue is whether the current policies on the renewal, transfer and deletion of expired domain names are adequate. To this end, the GNSO Council initiated a Policy Development Process (PDP) on 24 June 2009 and chartered a Working Group to answer the following questions:
- Whether adequate opportunity exists for registrants to redeem their expired domain names;
- Whether expiration-related provisions in typical registration agreements are clear and conspicuous enough;
- Whether adequate notice exists to alert registrants of upcoming expirations;
- Whether additional measures need to be implemented to indicate that once a domain name enters the Auto-Renew Grace Period, it has expired (e.g., hold status, a notice on the site with a link to information on how to renew, or other options to be determined);
- Whether to allow the transfer of a domain name during the Redemption Grace Period (RGP).
Background documents / links
- GNSO Issues Report on Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery http://gnso.icann.org/issues/post-expiration-recovery/report-05dec08.pdf
- Translations of the GNSO Issues Report on Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery: http://gnso.icann.org/policies/
- Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Working Group Wiki: https://st.icann.org/post-expiration-dn-recovery-wg/
- Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Working Group Mailing List Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-pednr-dt/
- ICANN Glossary - http://www.icann.org/en/general/glossary.htm
Staff responsible: Marika Konings
Deadline and how to submit comments:
Comments are welcome via e-mail to email@example.com until 10 September 2009.
Access to the public comment forum from which comments can be posted can be found at http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/public-comment-200909.html#pednr
An archive of all comments received will be publicly posted at http://forum.icann.org/lists/pednr-wg-questions/