SIC Members: Ray Plzak – Chair; Bertrand de La Chappelle; George Sadowsky, Reinhard Scholl, and Mike Silber
Other Board Attendees: Sébastien Bachollet, Cherine Chalaby, Chris Disspain, and Erika Mann
Invited Attendee: Judith Vasquez
Staff Attendees: Akram Atallah, Chief Operating Officer; David Olive, Vice President, Policy Development Support; Samantha Eisner, Denise Michel, and Alina Syunkova
The following is a summary of discussions, decisions, and actions identified:
The meeting was called to order at 4:32 pm local time in Santa Monica, California.
- Board Technical Relations Working Group (TRWG) Draft Report – The SIC discussed the report of the TRWG and the recommendations that the SIC should provide further advice on the provision of technical advice to the Board. The SIC discussed the current TLG structure and how relationships with component organizations may be strengthened.
- SIC to continue discussion in Dakar, after members provide some recommendations for discussion.
- RSSAC Review Implementation – Received an update from staff on the status of the RSSAC Review implementation work, noting that a draft implementation plan is under consultation with the SIC and members of the RSSAC community prior to providing a final plan for the Board's approval.
- Chair and staff to perform consultations to follow up on additional input into the RSSAC review plan.
- Organizational Review Cycle Planning – The SIC initiated discussion of review criteria in preparation for the next cycle of organizational reviews required under the Bylaws, as well as the review of Constituencies within the GNSO. A proposed model for review was drafted on the Constituency Recognition Process, with a goal of providing defined and objective criteria to guide the reviewers. The SIC discussed incorporating criteria raised in the Affirmation of Commitments as part of the organizational reviews, as possible, to help create synergies among the two types of reviews.
- Staff to produce documents for further discussion regarding proposed criteria for reviews.
- ASO Review – The SIC received an update on the progress of the ASO review.
The meeting adjourned at 5:53 pm local time.