Committee members present: Harald Alvestrand - Chair, Raimundo Beca, Steve Crocker and Katim Touray
Invited Committee Members Present: Thomas Narten and Suzanne Woolf
Staff members present: Doug Brent, David Conrad, Kurt Pritz, Barbara Roseman, Diane Schroeder and Amy Stathos
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed and unanimously approved minutes from last meeting.
- Discussed and approved revised committee charter, subject to BGC revisions to common language portions of charter. Action: Staff to forward to the BGC for review, revisions to common language if needed, and then to recommendation to Board for approval.
- Discussed Issues list, including status of each and next steps:
- Proposal for revised RZM software and procedures review
- Implement new technical checks for TLD name servers to ensure greater DNS security for TLDs
- Modification of root zone glue record change policy
- Transition ARPA operations
- Transition of IN‐ADDR.ARPA operations
- Protocol parameter process review
- Number resource process review
- DNSSEC operational readiness
Action: Staff to provide committee with current draft of plans for review and consideration at next committee meeting and add to issues list for discussion in Mexico the relationship between the Board, the DoC and the IANA function.
- Discussed IANA Functional Overview, level of staff and ability to handle current and future operational activities, including new gTLDs.
- Discussed draft glossary. Action: Committee to send comments via email.
- Discussed and approved agenda for next meeting.