IC attendees: Harald Alvestrand – chair, Dennis Jennings, Thomas Narten, Katim Touray, and Suzanne Woolf.Staff Members Present: Doug Brent – COO, David Conrad – IANA Executive Director (Acting) & VP Research and IANA Strategy; John Jeffrey – General Counsel, Kurt Pritz – SVP-Services; Joe Abley, Kim Davies, Samantha Eisner, Barbara Roseman, Diane Schroeder, Amy Stathos, and Leo Vegoda.
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Received update from staff of progress on action items identified at the previous meeting.
- Staff to provide IC with contextual information on the root glue policy, along with a proposal of possible steps forward, in preparation of public posting of the external review and proposals.
- Once IC reviews staff’s summary of external review of root glue policy by email, staff to publicly post materials.
- Staff to initiate work on standardizing documentation on process review.
- Staff to provide target due dates for open action items, for IC review and consideration.
- Received an operational status report from Staff on the roll out of DNSSEC and the status of work on ICANN’s generic signing infrastructure.
- Received update from staff regarding failover and business continuity planning efforts within the IANA Functions department.
- Once completed, staff to forward to the IC the after-action report on the exercise.
- Staff to provide IC with documentation of business assumptions included within the failover and business continuity exercise.
- Received update from staff on the external review of the root zone management process and potential operational items to address arising out of the review. Discussed potential for future follow-on review of the RZM process focused on production of the process.
- Staff to provide communication plan to IC by email.
- Received an update from staff on the work to internally document IANA Functions Department current practice in delegations/redelegations and root zone management.
- Staff to provide IC with information on potential issues in IANA request processing;
- Staff to work to achieve agreement on publishing documentation of current practice.
- Discussed potential ways that the IC can facilitate Board consideration and action on delegation and redelegation issues.
- Staff to draft a proposal for IC assistance to the Board in considering delegation and redelegation requests, including timing of IC involvement.