BGC members present: Roberto Gaetano, Demi Getschko, Steve Goldstein, Dennis Jennings – chair, and Rita Rodin Johnston
Staff Members Present: Samantha Eisner, John Jeffrey, Diane Schroeder and Amy Stathos
The following is a summary of discussion, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed and unanimously approved minutes from prior meeting.
- Discussed status of Committee action items identified at prior meeting.
- Discussed revised Conflicts of Interest (COI) Policy, and unanimously approved recommendation to Board to approve for public comment. Action: Staff to revise COI Policy pursuant to BGC comments, and present to ICANN Board for approval to post for public comment.
- Discussed revisions to Board Committee and Leadership Nomination Procedures and unanimously approved recommendation to Board for approval. Action: Staff to present to Board for approval.
- Discussed BGC work plan for upcoming year. Action: Staff to provide BGC samples of potential project planning platforms.
- Discussed proposed Standard Operating Procedures for Communications with Board. Action: Staff to update materials and to provide BGC with further information on proposed parameters and workflow procedures.
- Discussed Board induction and training materials. Action: Committee Chair and Staff to continue work on outlining the training process and identify suggested topics for next training; Staff to continue to work to enhance induction program.
- Discussed process for Board self-assessment. Action: Committee Chair to re-circulate information on potential tool for Committee members to provide feedback and comments.
- Discussed status of Ombudsman Framework public comment period and BGC role related to Ombudsman office.
- Discussed process for providing Nominating Committee with information relating to skills for Board member nominees.
- Thanked Demi Getschko for service to the BGC and Board.