Деятельность и заседания Правления

Ознакомьтесь с действиями и решениями Правления ICANN по итогам недавно предпринятой деятельности и встреч.

Контент доступен только на следующих языках

  • English

Public Participation Committee (PPC) Meeting - Preliminary Report 26 January 2012

PPC Attendees: Sébastien Bachollet – Chair, Chris Disspain, Thomas Narten, Gonzalo Navarro, Mike Silber and Kuo-Wei Wu

Staff Attendees: Akram Atallah – Chief Operating Officer; Barbara Clay – Vice President, Communications; David Olive – Vice President, Policy Development Support; Kurt Pritz – Senior Vice President, Stakeholder Relations; Samantha Eisner, Janice Douma Lange, Scott Pinzon, Christina Rodriguez, Marc Salvatierra, Alina Syunkova, Nick Tomasso and Filiz Yilmaz

The following is a summary of discussion, action taken and actions identified:

  1. Minutes of Prior Meeting: The PPC approved the minutes of its prior meeting in December 2011.
  2. Review of Open Action Items: The PPC reviewed the status of action items identified from the prior meeting to determine the status of the expected work.
    • Action:
      • Staff to circulate updated workplan as revised to meet prior PPC comments.
      • PPC to review proposed edits to PPC charter and circulate comments by email.
      • Staff to provide update on language services work.
  3. Redesign of ICANN.org: The PPC received an update from staff on the ongoing work to complete the redesign of the ICANN.org website, including discussions with community members to validate the current work. Staff noted that the content from the static ICANN.org site has been migrated into a new database, and has achieved better organization of that existing content. The art has been finalized for the desktop and mobile views, with a lot of positive feedback on the simplified design and features. Staff has been working hard to assure that the site will be operational on ICANN’s environment and that it is secure. It is anticipated that the site will be live by the Costa Rica meeting, pending security issues that may be uncovered. The launch was pushed, in part, to deal with the complexity of the migration of the existing content.
  4. Future ICANN Meetings/Meetings for the Next Decade: The PPC discussed the work underway regarding the design of future ICANN meetings, including agenda design, and considerations in adjusting the length of the entire meeting. The PPC expressed a specific interest in the process of setting the Monday and Thursday scheduling of the public meetings. The PPC noted that additional work was underway within the Board regarding the interactions between the Board and the community at meetings and the scope of the Board’s work at the public meetings, and it may be helpful to have a broader conversation on this topic and to guide further work. The PPC discussed reaching out to the chairs of the Supporting Organizations and the Advisory Committees to better understand what the needs of each group are at the public meetings. In addition, there’s a need to understand the purpose of ICNAN meetings.
    • Action:
      • Staff to assist subgroup of PPC in getting involved in discussions with staff on the process of setting up of the agenda.
      • PPC members to consider meeting with other interested members of the Board on this topic during the Board Workshop in Los Angeles.
      • PPC members to begin drafting a letter to the Chairs of the SOs and ACs regarding ICANN public meetings, and provide to the full PPC for comment.
      • PPC members to renew the discussion of hub meeting locations with staff and provide a report back to the PPC.
  5. PPC Community Update in Costa Rica: The PPC discussed a proposed agenda for its update session in Costa Rica, including the work on the future of ICANN meetings, as well as a discussion of the ICANN Academy proposal that is being circulated within the ALAC to bring it into a broader discussion. The wiki-based threaded discussion prototype for public comments is another possible topic.
    • Action:
      • Schedule a PPC call in advance of the Costa Rica meeting to discuss the community update further.
  6. PPC Meeting Schedule: The PPC discussed the proposed schedule for meeting in 2012, and the need to add at least one meeting between June and September, and to explore scheduling more regular meetings.
    • Action:
      • PPC Chair to work with staff to coordinate additional meetings as possible.
  7. ATRT Implementation Work: The PPC received an update from staff on the ATRT Implementation Work relating to the public comment processes, including the update to the public comment system effective 1 January 2012. An overview was also provided on the wiki-based threaded comment system that is in prototype phase, and the need to analyze the outcomes and evaluate the impact of potential implementation on internal departments.