Деятельность и заседания Правления

Ознакомьтесь с действиями и решениями Правления ICANN по итогам недавно предпринятой деятельности и встреч.

Контент доступен только на следующих языках

  • English

IANA Committee (IC) Minutes 13 October 2010

IC attendees: Harald Alvestrand – chair, Dennis Jennings, Thomas Narten, Katim Touray, and Kuo-Wei-Wu

Apologies: Suzanne Woolf

Other Board attendees: Rod Beckstrom – CEO and President

Staff Members Present: Elise Gerich – VP, IANA; John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary; Jamie Hedlund – Vice President, Government Affairs (Americas); Joe Abley, , Kim Davies, Barbara Roseman, Diane Schroeder and Leo Vegoda.

The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:

  1. Minutes: Reviewed and approved the minutes from the prior IC meeting.

  2. Action Items: Received update from staff of progress on action items identified for action at this meeting.

    • Action (carried over):

      • Staff to propose to IC potential definitions for various terms referenced in the delegation/redelegation process. This work is overlapped with the publication of external documentation that is not yet complete, and additional IC member inputs need to be reflected.

      • Posting the Protocol Parameters Area Review Slides on the IANA website, to be completed by end of month.

      • Report on DNAME testing work item to be revived, and staff to discuss and to report to IC on status of work and identification of the department that will lead this work.


  3. External Documentation for Root Zone Changes: Staff provided an update on the status of the process and communications surrounding the posting of documents relating to the IANA function operations. Progress continues, and publication is estimated by the end of November 2010. 

    • Action:

      • Staff to provide documentation to IC prior to public posting.

  4. DNSSEC: Received status report from staff regarding ongoing work related to DNSSEC, including how operational risks previously identified are being mitigated in the rollout.  Staff confirmed that documentation on this topic is being prepared for publication, likely available in the first quarter of 2011.

    • Action:

      • Staff to report to the IC in December on the status of an audit of ICANN’s operational role in DNSSEC processes.

      • Staff to provide a report to the IC after the 1 November 2010 Key Signing Ceremony.

  5. IPv4 Registries: Staff provided an historical overview of the IPv4 address space management function over the past 30 years, resulting in the formal system in existence today, and questions regarding the responsibility for management of the historical Internet Registry data, as well as questions raised if a new IPv4 Registry was created.

    • Action:

      • Staff to provide IC with an initial analysis at the November IC meeting, so that the IC can provider further guidance on issues and acceptable risks.  Staff’s initial analysis should be informed by conversations with Regional Internet Registries.

  6. Delegation and Redelegation: The IC discussed a document prepared by an IC member directed to the issue of IDN ccTLD delegations and the requirement of community consultation, with proposed solutions to address governmental representations of community support, which could be used as guidance by the Board.

    • Action:

      • Staff to create documentation to be used as guidance for the Board in the evaluation of IDN ccTLD delegation requests, using the IC member-created proposal as base principles.  The documentation should be provided in advance of the November IC meeting.

  7. IC Work Plan: The IC reviewed a proposed 2011 work plan to guide the committee’s work, and provided suggested edits for refinement.

    • Action:

      • Staff to update work plan based on IC comments and circulate to IC members by email.

  8. Root Zone File Management and Implementation: The IC discussed challenges and unforeseen results arising from the automation of Root Zone Management, in relation to the automated use of ISO-3166 official short names in the Root Zone database and addresses. 

    • Action:

      • Once the new production system has gone live, staff to review ways to address the concerns raised to determine if less formal country names can be used for postal addresses in the system.