Деятельность и заседания Правления

Ознакомьтесь с действиями и решениями Правления ICANN по итогам недавно предпринятой деятельности и встреч.

Контент доступен только на следующих языках

  • English

IANA Committee (IC) Minutes 7 March 2010

IC attendees: Harald Alvestrand – chair, Dennis Jennings, Thomas Narten, Katim Touray, and Suzanne Woolf.

Other Board attendees: Steve Crocker and Jonne Soininen

Staff Members Present: Doug Brent – Chief Operating Officer; Jamie Hedlund – Kurt Pritz – SVP-Services; Kim Davies, Samantha Eisner, Barbara Roseman, Diane Schroeder, Amy Stathos, and Leo Vegoda.

The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:

  1. Reviewed the minutes from the prior IC meeting, and all voting members in attendance unanimously approved the minutes.
  2. Received update from staff of progress on action items identified at the previous meeting, with some items carried over.
    • Actions:
      • Staff to finalize posting of external review of root zone management process in line with communication plan.
      • IC to discuss formation of broader communication plan to increase confidence in IANA Functions Department activities.
      • Staff to provide IC with contextual information on the root glue policy, along with a proposal of possible steps forward, in preparation of public posting of the external review and proposals.
      • Once IC reviews staff’s summary of external review of root glue policy by email, staff to publicly post materials.
      • Staff to provide IC with documentation of business assumptions included within the failover and business continuity exercise.
  3. Received an operational status report from Staff on the roll out of DNSSEC and the status of work on signing the ICANN-related zones.
    • Actions:
      • Staff to provide a written status report to the IC on all facets of this work.
  4. Received an update from staff on the IANA Business Excellence program and efforts for improvement, including definition of departmental strategy, completion of documentation, and gathering of metrics to better demonstrate performance.
    • Actions:
      • Staff to work towards external audit of department in FY11.
      • Staff to provide webinar updates to the community on the Business Excellence program.
  5. Received staff update on reviews of functional areas, including: (i) IPv4 address depletion and allocation, including a review of allocation processes in line with the RIR practice and global policy and a discussion of the changes to the various business models due to the depletion of IPv4 addresses/rollout of IPv6; (ii) IPv6 allocation process, based on a global policy, with a report that the processes are moving along; and (iii) ASN allocation, done according to a process, and a modified policy to unify the 16-bit number space with the 32-bit number space is expected to reach the Board soon. The IC discussed that the issues around the ASN allocation are closely scoped with understood risks, and can be managed in the event that the issues are not solved prior to the depletion of the 16-bit pool. The IC also discussed the work being done to add security to routing and allocation, and the discussion surrounding the implementation of RPKI.
    • Actions:
      • Staff to review and propose solutions regarding any change to the practices in IPv4 address allocation currently followed among the RIRs and ICANN.
      • Staff to provide plan for dealing with responding to changing business models of RIRs.
      • Staff to provide IC with report on RPKI at future meeting.
  6. Received update from staff on the IANA functions change process and the work to develop specifics to document this process, including potential inputs form the Business Excellence work.
    • Action:
      • Staff to provide IC with a proposal on further discussion on process changes.
  7. Opened discussion how to coordinate preparations for the anticipated delegation of large numbers of TLDs. Staff confirmed that IANA Functions Department staff has been involved in planning for new gTLDs as it relates to resource consumption within the department, and confirmed that departmental process documentation work is partially geared towards these preparations.
    • Action
      • IC to discuss at future meeting how to assure that coordination is achieved to prepare for the anticipated increase in delegations.