Деятельность и заседания Правления
Контент доступен только на следующих языках
BGRC Attendees: Chris Disspain, Bertrand de La Chapelle, Gonzalo Navarro – Chair, George Sadowsky, and Kuo-Wei Wu
Other Board Attendees: Rod Beckstrom, President and CEO; Steve Crocker; Bill Graham
BGRC Apologies: Erika Mann
Staff Attendees: Akram Atallah – Chief Operating Officer, Rodrigo de La Parra – VP, Latin America, Jamie Hedlund – VP, Government Affairs – Americas, John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary, David Olive – Vice President, Policy Support, Samantha Eisner, Diane Schroeder and Amy Stathos
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Minutes – The BGRC approved the minutes of the previous meeting.
- BGRC Workplan – The BGRC discussed the workplan for the year and the schedule of meetings and agreed upon a time rotation for scheduling.
- Internationalization – The BGRC discussed the schedule for the production of a survey for the community regarding internationalization and the need for continued BGRC input on the drafting of the survey.
- Staff to assist BGRC in producing draft survey to be circulated for BGRC comment prior to finalization.
- BGRC Chair to circulate a proposal on the timing of the release of the survey.
- IANA Functions Contract – Received update on the IANA Functions Contract.
- Costa Rica Meeting Planning – Received an update from staff on the coordination of the Costa Rica Meeting and planning for engagement with the local community at that meeting, including work to increase participation across sectors. There will be a LACTLD workshop just prior to the ICANN meeting, and there may be a meeting of governmental representatives from Central America occurring just prior to the ICANN meeting.
- Staff to coordinate with governmental representatives to explain interactions occurring at the Ministerial Roundtable prior to ICANN’s meeting Dakar, Senegal to determine if a similar interaction was desired in advance of the Costa Rica meeting.
- Staffing update – The BGRC received an update on the recent hiring of regional Vice Presidents for Latin America and Europe. The BGRC welcomed Rodrigo de La Parra to his new role.
- Communiqué from the African Union Commission – Staff provided an update on the response to the Communiqué from the African Union.
- World Congress on Information Technology – Staff provided an updated on the collaboration with the I* community on issues related to WCIT. The BGRC discussed further coordination ideas and how updates could be provided to the Board as a whole.