.ps ccTLD Memorandum of
Understanding: Attachment B
(This document applies only to TLDs as to which a written agreement is in effect between ICANN and the TLD delegee, sponsor, or operator.)
1. Requests for changes in TLD nameserver delegations to be reflected in the root zone are to be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
3. Nameserver change requests are subject to verification of authenticity and authorization. Both the listed technical contact and the listed administrative contact should be available to verify that the request is authentic and they authorize the requested change. Except where a written agreement between ICANN and the TLD delegee, sponsor, or operator expressly states to the contrary, the IANA shall be entitled to rely on authorization of either the administrative or technical contact as constituting a request for nameserver change by the TLD delegee, sponsor, or operator.
4. Requests for changes to nameservice for ccTLDs (i.e. TLDs having two-letter labels) must result in delegation to at least two nameservers, preferably on different network segments. Requests for changes to nameservice for other TLDs must result in delegation to nameservers on at least five different network segments.
6. Prior to submitting the request, nameservice should be set up at all the nameservers to which delegation is to be made. Lame delegations (i.e. delegations to servers without operating nameservice for the delegated zone) will not ordinarily be made.
7. The IANA must have zone file access. Except where other arrangements are made (such as for TLDs with large zones), this means that zone file transfers must be enabled at all nameservers for transfers to at least 188.8.131.52/16 and 184.108.40.206/20.
(9 May 2001)
Comments concerning the layout, construction and functionality of this site
should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.