ICANN Officers and Board Members¹ Statements of Interest Summary relating to ICANN matters (in alphabetical order)
20 December 2019
- Susanna Bennett – Chief Operating Officer: Nothing identified.
- Xavier Calvez – Chief Financial Officer: Nothing identified.
- John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary: Nothing identified.
- Göran Marby – President and Chief Executive Officer: Nothing identified.
- David Olive – Sr. VP, Policy Development Support: Nothing identified.
- Ashwin Rangan – Senior VP, Engineering and Chief Information Officer: Nothing identified.
- Theresa Swinehart – SVP, Multistakeholder Strategy & Strategic Initiatives: Nothing identified.
Board Members (Directors and Liaisons):
- Harald Alvestrand: Software engineer for Google Sweden owned by Google Inc., which is a registry operator for several gTLDs, a registrar and a new gTLD applicant.
- Maarten Botterman: Chairman of Supervisory Board of NLnet Foundation, which is a non-profit aimed at promoting the exchange of electronic information and all that is related or beneficial to that purpose; Board member for Institute for Accountability in the Digital Age, which is a non-profit aimed at enhancing accountability in the digital age; supporting the GFCE global Internet Infrastructure Initiative with the aims at strengthening the Internet through multistakeholder dialogue and promotion of relevant open standards such as IPv6, DNSSEC, etc.; supporting the Canadian Secure IoT initiative with the aims at strengthening the Internet through multistakeholder dialogue and promotion of safer development, deployment and use of IoT; contracted with Merike Kaeo to advise GÉANT on the best future legal construct for TF-CSIRT; Chair of IGF related Dynamic Coalitions for IoT; member of IGF related Dynamic Coalitions for DNS Issues.
- J. Beckwith Burr: Partner at the law firm Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis, LLP, specializing in privacy and data protection law. Becky is a member of the usTLD Stakeholder Council. The usTLD manager, Neustar Inc., makes ccTLD contributions to ICANN in the amount of US $75,000, consistent with the ccNSO guidelines.
- Ron da Silva: Works for Internet Tool & Die Company, a subsidiary of Denuo. Denuo is involved directly, or through subsidiaries or affiliates, with the marketing of legacy IPv4 address space.
- Sarah Deutsch: Director for Electronic Frontier Foundation; on Internet Committee of International Trademark Association; a sole practitioner attorney working part time re: on IP and Internet liability issue for clients that may operate new gTLDs but has not been involved in those client's gTLD issues.
- Chris Disspain: Nothing identified.
- Avri Doria: Member of Executive Committee for IGFSA, which is involved in funding support for IGF and NRIs; member of the Internet Research Steering Group; serves as secretariat for Dynamic Coalition (IGF) on Schools of Internet Governance; signed Memorandum of Understanding with Association for Progressive Communications (APC), which includes Internet related matters, including participation in some ITU activities.
- Rafael (Lito) Ibarra: President of Asociación SVNet, which operates the .SV ccTLD and is a member of the ccNSO; Board member of LACNIC; Board member of Edge, which provides Educational IT services.
- Manal Ismail: Executive Director, International Technical Coordination for the National Telecom Regulatory Authority of Egypt, which operates IDN ccTLD for Egypt and has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with ICANN to establish DNS Entrepreneurship Center in Egypt; a work colleague is on the League of Arab States steering committee for the .ARAB new gTLD and its Arabic IDN equivalent, which are delegated to the League of Arab States.
- Danko Jevtovic: Employed by ICT consultancy and investments; holds de minimus amount of stock in some publicly traded companies that have contracted for or have applied for one or more top-level domains.
- Merike Kaeo: CEO of Double Shot Security which consults on strategic and tactical cybersecurity issues; member of advisory group that supports the work of the Global Council for Security in Cyberspace connected to the Research Advisory Group on Internet Governance; Double Shot Security has a contract with Network Startup Resource Center (NSRC) to occasionally provide resources for trainings and workshops; contracted with Maarten Botterman's company GKNS to advise GÉANT on the best future legal construct for TF-CSIRT.
- Akinori Maemura: General Manager of Internet Development Department of Japan Network Information Center (JPNIC); Board member of JPCERT Coordination Center; Board member of Asia Pacific Institute of Digital Economy.
- Göran Marby: Nothing identified.
- Mandla Msimang: Nothing identified.
- Ihab Osman: Nothing identified.
- Kaveh Ranjbar: Interim-Managing Director of RIPE NCC, which he represents in the NRO Council.
- Nigel Roberts: Director and owner of a beneficial interest in: (i) Island Networks Ltd, which is the TLDmanager for .GG; (ii) Island Networks (Jersey) Ltd which is the TLD manager for .JE; (iii) Island Networks (Registrar) Ltd, which is a non-ICANN accredited registrar; (iv) CI Domain Registry Ltd and AS Domain Registry Ltd, which are providers of registry services; and (v) Omadhina Internet Services Ltd (Alderney) and Omadinha Internet Services Ltd (Ireland), both of which are concerned with domain name marketing.
- Léon Felipe Sanchez Ambia: Nothing identified.
- Matthew Shears: Independent Internet policy consultant; member of the Advisory Network of the Freedom Online Coalition, Christchurch Call Advisory Network and Global Partners Digital Board of Advisors; co-lead, Internet Free and Secure Initiative (IFSI).
- Tripti Sinha: Assistant Vice President and Chief Technology Officer at University of Maryland and responsible for operations of DNS root services (d-root).
1 Note that the activities of ICANN itself are not listed in this document.