Summary of ICANN Officers and Board Members Statements of Interest
4 February 2014
- Akram Atallah – President, Generic Domains Division – Nothing identified.
- Susanna Bennett – Chief Operating Officer – Nothing identified.
- Xavier Calvez – Chief Financial Officer – Nothing identified.
- Fadi Chehadé – President and Chief Executive Officer – Nothing identified.
- John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary – Nothing identified.
- David Olive – Vice President, Policy Development Support – Nothing identified.
- Sébastien Bachollet – Mr. Bachollet is a member of the Board of the International Foundation for Online Responsibility (IFFOR), which is the sponsoring organization responsible for policy setting for the .XXX sTLD and may be seeking to provide services to other new gTLDs; he has a consulting contract with Items International, which had a contract with ICANN for the ccNSO (2010) and the ASO (2011) reviews. Items International is also providing consulting services for one new gTLD applicant. Mr. Bachollet will not be involved in the new gTLD projects initiated by either IFFOR or Items International. For Items International he is in charge of open-data and information systems projects. Mr. Bachollet is also a member of the AFNIC Board.
- Cherine Chalaby – Nothing identified.
- Fadi Chehadé – Outside of his role as President and CEO, nothing identified.
- Steve Crocker – Dr. Crocker is the CEO and Director of Shinkuro, Inc. Shinkuro has had a contract with DHS for approximately $1 million for development of policies and procedures for adoption of DNSSEC; such policies may or may not align with ICANN's objectives in this area. Shinkuro also has a contract with the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to provide services; this work may involve advice related to USPS's use of .POST and/or possibly future gTLDs, but will not relate to application processes or other interactions with ICANN.
- Chris Disspain – Director and CEO of .au Domain Administration Limited, the .au ccTLD manager; .au has sponsorship agreement with ICANN under which .au pays ICANN a yearly amount based on the amount of names under management. Former Officer of ICANN, Paul Levins, is a Director of .au Domain Administration Limited. .au Domain Administration Limited licenses AusRegistry Pty Ltd to run the registry for the second level names in .au. Under the Registry License agreement, AusRegistry pays fees to auDA; companies affiliated with AusRegistry are affiliated with new gTLD applications.
- Heather Dryden – Ex Officio, non-voting Board Director, representing Industry Canada for the Operator of dot-CA.
- Bill Graham – Holds a consulting contract with the Internet Society. The subject matter of that contract is unrelated to the mandate of ICANN. He is also a Senior Fellow at the Centre for International Governance.
- Wolfgang Kleinwächter – Is Executive Director of a summer school program on Internet Governance that has sponsors, some of which have included, or currently include, ICANN current or potential contracted parties, all of which were sponsors before Mr. Kleinwächter was named to the ICANN Board.
- Bruno Lanvin – Nothing identified.
- Erika Mann – Heads up the Facebook, Inc.'s policy office in Brussels.
- Olga Madruga-Forti – Nothing identified.
- Ram Mohan – Executive Vice President and Officer of Afilias, which is a contracted party with ICANN and which is under contract for services to registry operators that are under contract to ICANN. Mr. Mohan is also the president of the Philadelphia chapter of the Internet Society. His sister-in-law is owner and CEO of an ICANN accredited registrar. Afilias is a minority shareholder in ICM Registry, Inc., that operates the .XXX TLD. Afilias has regular business transactions with Melborne IT (Bruce Tonkin's employer and an ICANN accredited registrar). Afilias is involved in some way in numerous new gTLD applications. Mr. Mohan's wife is employed by a new gTLD applicant, but she is not involved in the applications or in other matter relating to the applications or to ICANN.
- Gonzalo Navarro – Chief of Staff, Chilean National Institute of Industrial Property.
- Ray Plzak – Nothing identified.
- George Sadowsky – Nothing identified.
- Mike Silber – Member of the Management Committee and Treasurer of the Internet Service Providers' Association (ISPA) South Africa. He is also, a Director and Treasurer of the .za Domain Name Authority, the ccTLD administrator for .za. The .za Domain Name Authority has concluded an arms-length operating agreement with Uniforum t/a the .za Central Registry for Uniforum to operate the .za registry. Under the agreement, Uniforum will collect and pay transaction fees to .za Domain Name Authority. Uniforum is acting as the registry service provider for various new gTLD applicants.
- Jonee Soininen – He owns a nominal amount of shares of a gTLD applicant.
- Bruce Tonkin – Chief Technology Officer of Melbourne IT, which has contract with ICANN as accredited registrar on the same terms as all other registrars. Melbourne IT is an accredited registrar for: (i) .au Domain Administration Limited of which Chris Disspain is the CEO and former ICANN officer Paul Levins is a Board member; (ii) .fr operated by AFNIC on which Sébastien Bachollet serves as a Board member; and (iii) .info, where Afilias, the employer of Ram Mohan, is the gTLD operator. Melbourne IT may also be a registrar for new gTLDs operated by the employer of ICANN's former Chief Financial Officer, Kevin Wilson.
- Kuo-Wei Wu – CEO – National Information Infrastructure Enterprise Promotion Association (NIIEPA)– Internet Policy Research. His daughter works for Progressive Insurance, which applied for two new gTLDs. Out of an abundance of caution, Progressive established an ethical wall keeping Kuo-Wei Wu's daughter from any involvement or discussions related to the new gTLD applications.
Suzanne Woolf – Employer, Internet Systems Consortium (ISC), for which she is a key employee, provides products and services related to its BIND software product to Afilias, and ICANN has contracted with ISC re: BIND software used in the DNS infrastructure. Outside her salary, she has no direct financial interest in these contracts. ISC does business with many DNS related entities.
ISC is currently actively pursuing partnerships and capabilities to become a back-end registry service provider, but does not currently provide such services.
Suzanne is Secretariat Director for OARC (DNS-OARC, the Operations, Analysis, and Research Center for the DNS); Shinkuro is a beneficial member of OARC. ICANN has contracted with OARC to (i) study L-Root capabilities; and (ii) to collect and analyze DNS data related to DNSSEC rollout in 2010.