Summary of ICANN Officers and Board Member Statements of Interest
as of 18 December 2012
- Akram Atallah – Chief Operating Officers – Nothing identified.
- Xavier Calvez – Chief Financial Officer – Nothing identified.
- Fadi Chehadé – President and Chief Executive Officer – Nothing identified.
- John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary – Nothing identified.
- Sebastien Bachollet – Mr. Bachollet is a member of the Board of the International Foundation for Online Responsibility (IFFOR), which is the sponsoring organization responsible for policy setting for the .XXX sTLD and may be seeking to provide services to other new gTLDs; he has a consulting contract with Items International, which had a contract with ICANN for the ccNSO (2010) and the ASO (2011) reviews. Items International is also providing consulting services for one new gTLD applicant. Mr. Bachollet will not be involved in the new gTLD projects initiated by either IFFOR or Items International. For Items International he is in charge of open-data and information systems projects.
- Cherine Chalaby – Nothing identified.
- Fadi Chehadé – Outside of his role as President and CEO, nothing identified.
- Steve Crocker – CEO and Director of Shinkuro. Afilias, that has registry agreement with ICANN, has an investment in Shinkuro. Ram Mohan is a Director and an investor of Shinkuro. Shinkuro has a contract with DHS for $1 million for development of policies and procedures for adoption of DNSSEC; such policies may or may not align with ICANN’s objectives in this area.
- Chris Disspain – Director and CEO of .au Domain Administration Limited, the .au ccTLD manager; .au has sponsorship agreement with ICANN under which .au pays ICANN a yearly amount based on the amount of names under management. Former Officer of ICANN, Paul Levins, is a Director of .au Domain Administration Limited. .au Domain Administration Limited licenses AusRegistry Pty Ltd to run the registry for the second level names in .au. Under the Registry License agreement, AusRegistry pays fees to auDA; companies affiliated with AusRegistry are affiliated with new gTLD applications.
- Heather Dryden – Ex Officio, non-voting Board Director, representing Industry Canada for the Operator of dot-CA.
- Bill Graham – Holds a consulting contract with the Internet Society. The subject matter of that contract is unrelated to the mandate of ICANN.
- Bertrand de La Chapelle – Launched and heads a program (research and dialogue facilitation) on the topic "Internet and Jurisdiction", at a Paris-based think-tank. Some expected funding for the program comes from entities that have applied for new gTLDs or provided services to applicants.
- Erika Mann – Heads up the Facebook, Inc.’s policy office in Brussels.
- Olga Madruga-Forti – Nothing identified.
- Ram Mohan – Employee Officer of Afilias, which is a contracted party with ICANN and which is under contract for services to registry operators that are under contract to ICANN. Ram is also the president of the Philadelphia chapter of the Internet Society. His sister-in-law is owner and CEO of an ICANN accredited registrar. Ram is a Director of Shinkuro, the Company for which Steve Crocker is the CEO. Afilias is an investor in Shinkuro and Ram is a small shareholder in Shinkuro. Afilias is a minority shareholder in ICM Registry, Inc., that operates the .XXX TLD. Afilias has a minority investment in Sedari, which provides advice and operational support to clients who have applied for new gTLDs. Afilias has regular business transactions with Melborne IT (Bruce Tonkin’s employer and an ICANN accredited registrar). Afilias contributes on Internet Systems Consortium (Suzanne Woolf’s employer) for BIND support as well as secondary DNS. Afilias is involved in some way in numerous new gTLD applications.
- Thomas Narten – Software engineer for IBM. IBM has applied for a new gTLD, but an ethical wall has been established to keep Mr. Narten from any involvement or discussions about new gTLDs with anyone at IBM.
- Gonzalo Navarro – Chief of Staff, Chilean National Institute of Industrial Property.
- Ray Plzak – Nothing identified.
- George Sadowsky – Provides consulting services to the World Wide Web Foundation (US), for which Thomas Roessler serves as Chairman of the Board.
- Mike Silber – Member of the Management Committee and Treasurer of the Internet Service Providers' Association (ISPA) South Africa. He is also, a Director and Treasurer of the .za Domain Name Authority, the ccTLD administrator for .za. The .za Domain Name Authority has concluded an arms-length operating agreement with Uniforum t/a the .za Central Registry for Uniforum to operate the .za registry. Under the agreement, Uniforum will collect and pay transaction fees to .za Domain Name Authority. Uniforum is acting as the registry service provider for various new gTLD applicants.
- Francisco Da Silva – Nothing identified.
Bruce Tonkin – Chief Strategy Officer of Melbourne IT, which has
contract with ICANN as accredited registrar on the same terms as all other registrars. Melbourne IT is an accredited registrar with .au Domain Administration Limited of which Chris Disspain is the CEO. Melbourne IT has a standard registry-registrar agreement with Afilias (Ram Mohan employer and current gTLD registry Operator) for .info. Melbourne IT also provides corporate domain name management services to IBM (Thomas Narten’s employer). Melbourne IT provides consulting services for new gTLD applicants and also provides services such as registrar services, DNS services, webhosting and email hosting for new gTLD applicants.
- Kuo-Wei Wu – CEO – National Information Infrastructure Enterprise Promotion Association (NIIEPA) – Internet Policy Research. His daughter works for Progressive Insurance, which applied for two new gTLDs. Out of an abundance of caution, Progressive has established an ethical wall keeping Kuo-Wei Wu’s daughter from any involvement or discussions related to the new gTLD applications.
Suzanne Woolf – Employer, Internet Systems Consortium (ISC), for which she is key employee, provides products and services related to its BIND software product to Afilias, and ICANN has contracted with ISC re: BIND software used in the DNS infrastructure. Outside her salary, she has no direct financial interest in these contracts. ISC does business with many DNS related entities.
ISC is currently actively pursuing partnerships and capabilities to become a back-end registry service provider, but does not currently provide such services.
Suzanne is Secretariat Director for OARC (DNS-OARC, the Operations, Analysis, and Research Center for the DNS); Shinkuro is a beneficial member of OARC. ICANN has contracted with OARC to (i) study L-Root capabilities; and (ii) to collect and analyze DNS data related to DNSSEC rollout in 2010.
- Judith Duavit Vasquez – Chair and CEO, with controlling interest in, Phcolo, Inc., which is involved in telecom and Internet infrastructure business; Board member for GMA Network, Inc., GMA Radio and GMA New Media Inc., which are broadcast, radio and digital media platform and content providers.