Summary of Individual Board Director and Board Liaison Statements of Interest (in alphabetical order)
as of 21 October 2011
- Sebastien Bachollet – Member of the Board of the International Foundation for Online Responsibility (IFFOR), which is the sponsoring organization responsible for policy setting for the .XXX sTLD; has a consulting contract with Items International, which had a contract with ICANN for the ccNSO review and is currently running the ASO review. Items International is set to provide consulting services for New gTLDs. Mr. Bachollet will not be involved in the new gTLD projects, but will be in charge of open-data and information systems projects.
- Rob Beckstrom – TWIKI.NET – Investor.
- Cherine Chalaby – Nothing Identified.
- Steve Crocker – CEO and Director of Shinkuro. Afilias, that has registry agreement with ICANN, has an investment in Shinkuro. Ram Mohan is a Director and an investor of Shinkuro. Shinkuro has contract with DHS for $1 million for development of policies and procedures for adoption of DNSSEC; such policies may or may not align with ICANN's objectives in this area.
- Chris Disspain – Director and CEO of .au Domain Administration Limited, the .au ccTLD manager; .au has sponsorship agreement with ICANN under which .au pays ICANN a yearly amount based on the amount of names under management.
- Heather Dryden – Ex Officio, non-voting Board Director, representing Industry Canada for the Operator of dot-CA.
- Bill Graham - Holds a consulting contract with the Internet Society. The subject matter of that contract is unrelated to the mandate of ICANN.
- Bertrand de La Chapelle – Nothing identified.
- Erika Mann – Will be heading up the Facebook, Inc. new office in Brussels effective 31 October 2011.
- Ram Mohan - EVP of Afilias; Director of Shinkuro; Afilias is an investor in Shinkuro; Ram is a small shareholder of in Shinkuro. Afilias has regular business transactions with Melborne IT (Tonkin employer and ICANN accredited regsitrar). Afilias contributes on Internet Systems Consortium (Woolf employer) for BIND and for the development of BIND10. The World Wide Web Foundation (US), for which Thomas Roessler is the Chairman of the Board, is a potential future applicant for a new gTLD, potentially involving Afilias.
- Thomas Narten – Software engineer for IBM. IBM may apply for new gTLD.
- Gonzalo Navarro – Chief of Staff, Chilean National Institute of Industrial Property.
- Ray Plzak – Nothing identified.
- R. Ramaraj – Nothing identified.
- George Sadowsky – Provides consulting services to the World Wide Web Foundation (US), for which Thomas Roessler serves as Chairman of the Board.
- Reinhard Scholl – Nothing Identified.
- Mike Silber – Non-Executive Director of ccTLD .za domain name authority.
- Bruce Tonkin - Chief Strategy Officer of Melbourne IT, which has contract with ICANN as Accredited Registrar. Melbourne IT has regular business transactions with Afilias, through registry-registrar agreements relevant to the TLDs managed by Afilias (Mohan employer and gTLD registry operator). Melbourne IT also provides registrar and advisory services to customers that may apply for a new gTLD.
- Katim Touray – Nothing identified.
- Kuo-Wei Wu – Board member of TWNIC; CEO – National Information Infrastructure Enterprise Promotion Association – Internet Policy Research.
Suzanne Woolf – Employer, Internet Systems Consortium (ISC), for which she is key employee, provides products and services related to its BIND software product to Afilias, and ICANN has contracted with ISC re: BIND software used in the DNS infrastructure. Outside her salary, she has no direct financial interest in these contracts. ISC does business with many DNS related entities.
ISC is currently actively pursuing partnerships and capabilities to become a back-end registry service provider, but does not currently provide such services.
She is Secretariat Director for OARC (DNS-OARC, the Operations, Analysis, and Research Center for the DNS); Shinkuro is a beneficial member of OARC. ICANN has contracted with OARC to (i) study L-Root capabilities; and (ii) to collect and analyze DNS data related to DNSSEC rollout in 2010.
Board Director and Board Liaison to take their seats at the
Organizational Meeting on 28 October 2011
- Thomas Roessler - Chairman of the Board of the World Wide Web Foundation (US), for which George Sadowsky provides consulting services; the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) that appointed Mr. Roessler as Board Liaison is the recipient of a major grant from the Internet Society (ISOC), whose major income source is the operation of the .org TLD through PIR and Afilias; several contracted parties of ICANN are current or former W3C member organizations; the World Wide Web Foundation (US) is a potential future applicant for a new gTLD, potentially involving Afilias for whom Ram Mohan serves as EVP.
- Judith Duavit Vazquez – Intends to apply for operation of a new gTLD; Chair and CEO, with controlling interest in, Phcolo, Inc., which is involved in telecom and Internet infrastructure business; Board member for GMA Network, Inc., GMA Radio and GMA New Media Inc., which are broadcast, radio and digital media platform and content providers.