ICANN Strategy Panels
Announced at the ICANN 47 meeting in Durban, South Africa, ICANN Strategy Panels served as an integral part of a framework for cross-community dialogue on strategic matters. Designed to conduct work in critical strategic areas identified by the community [PDF, 209 KB], Board and staff, the ICANN Strategy Panels built on public input being generated to inform the new, overarching vision and five-year strategic plan, and subsequent operating plan, for the organization.
Advisory in nature, the ICANN Strategy Panels operated in a manner consistent with ICANN's commitment to transparency and accountability and served to channel all views, guidance and advice produced into the standard community and Board processes that guide ICANN's activities (see illustration). A video interview with Theresa Swinehart, Senior Advisor to the President on Strategy, is available here for more information.
ICANN Strategy Panels posted their final reports in May 2014.
Click on the ICANN Strategy Panels below to see Strategy Panels' key deliverables, composition, reports, videos as well as public comment and meeting archives.
Links to ICANN Announcements & Blog Posts
- ICANN Strategy Panels & the Planning Process (22 March 2014)
- WEBINAR – ICANN Strategy Panels – Draft Reports (28 February 2014)
- Quick Look at Strategy Panel Recommendations – Provide Your Comments Today (25 February 2014)
- WEBINAR: ICANN Strategy Panel on Public Responsibility Framework (12 February 2014)
- Public Responsibility Framework (31 January 2014)
- Identifier Technology Innovation (31 January 2014)
- Multistakeholder Innovation (31 January 2014)
- ICANN's Role in the Internet Governance Ecosystem (31 January 2014)
- Update: ICANN's Strategic Initiatives (28 January 2014)
- WEBINAR: ICANN Strategy Panel on ICANN Multistakeholder Innovation (23 January 2014)
- WEBINAR: ICANN Strategy Panel on Identifier Technology Innovation (17 January 2014)
- WEBINAR: ICANN Strategy Panel on ICANN's Role in the Internet Governance Ecosystem (6 January 2014)
- ICANN Announces Strategy Panel Members (14 October 2013)
- Strategic Planning & Strategy Panels Schedules Updated (9 October 2013)
- ICANN Strategy Panels Launched (15 July 2013)