Summary Report Inquiry
The summary report inquiry protocol permits an individual or organization to register a formal request (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) for a staff review of a particular public comment summary report and make specific amendments or other notations based upon the rationale and support provided. Procedural rules associated with this process include:
- Inquiries must be submitted within 30 days of the publication of the summary report
- Please add "Summary Report Inquiry: [Public Comment Title]" to the subject line, which will flag the email as referencing this protocol
- All inquiries received will be published on the Public Comment page
- Staff is obliged to reply within 30 days from receipt of the inquiry including a decision and supporting rationale
- Staff replies will be published on the Public Comment page
- There is no formal appeal process; however, the ICANN Ombudsman may be utilized if the requesting party is dissatisfied with the outcome.