Superseded by https://www.icann.org/privacy/cookies
10 April 2014
We set the following cookies on www.icann.org:
- _new_icann_session – This session cookie is needed to meet basic security requirements and to ensure the site functions correctly. It is also used to save preferences and a custom state for users who are logged in.
- saw_cookie_notification – This custom cookie is set when the cookie notification is dismissed in order to prevent the acknowledged pop-up message from appearing again.
Both cookies above respect individual browser settings that prevent the storage of cookies. In browsers that do not accept cookies, visitors will not be able to log in to their profile, comment on blogs, or customize news updates based on interests.
Someone visiting www.icann.org may have additional cookies set by the following third parties:
Google Analytics is a tool used for measuring site performance and visitor activity. Cookies related to Google Analytics:
- _ga – This cookie is used to distinguish unique users, sessions, and anonymized browsing data for analytics reporting
- _gat – This cookie is used to aid site performance and limit data collection on high-traffic sites
Google Analytics cookies respect individual browser settings that prevent the storage of cookies.
AddThis is a social sharing widget that enables visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. Cookies related to AddThis:
- __atuvc – This cookie is used to maintain and update share counts on pages where sharing is enabled
- __atuvs – This cookie is used to support sharing functionality
AddThis cookies respect individual browser settings that prevent the storage of cookies. In browsers that do not accept cookies, visitors will not be able to use the AddThis sharing feature on pages where it is available.
Any embedded multimedia from third-party sites (e.g., YouTube and SoundCloud) may also set cookies.
Please visit these third-party sites to view their respective privacy policies.