Nominating Committee | Template for Call for Suggested Candidates for ccTLD Delegate
4 March 2003
Please fill out and e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org> no later than Sunday, 9 March 2003.
1a. Name of suggested candidate: 1b. E-mail address of suggested candidate: 1c. Postal address of suggested candidate: 1d. Telephone number of suggested candidate: 1e. Country(ies) of citizenship of suggested candidate: 1f. Country(ies) of residence of suggested candidate:
2a. Please list all employers of the suggested candidate: 2b. Please list all entities for which the suggested candidate is a paid consultant on an ongoing basis:
3. Has the suggested candidate indicated that he or she is willing to serve as a volunteer Nominating Committee delegate, without compensation other than the reimbursement of certain expenses?
4. Please describe the characteristics of the suggested candidate that you believe would make him or her an effective member of the Nominating Committee. You should address all the criteria listed below, including:
4a. What experience has the suggested candidate had in collegial large group decision-making?
4b. What experiences has the suggested candidate had that contribute to his or her understanding of ICANN's mission and the potential impact of ICANN's activities on the broader Internet community?
4c. What contacts and experience in the Internet community does the suggested candidate have that would contribute to the Nominating Committee's efforts to locate qualified candidates to be selected to serve on ICANN bodies?
4d. Please describe the suggested candidate's ability to work and communicate in written and spoken English.
5. Please give a detailed description of the suggested candidate's relationship with and activities within the ccTLD community:
Item 6 is optional:
6a. Your name (person submitting suggestion): 6b. Your organization (if any): 6c. Your e-mail address: 6d. Your daytime telephone number: 6e. Your postal address:
Required Characteristics for delegates to the ICANN Nominating Committee:
1. Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence, with reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and with experience and competence with collegial large group decision-making;
2. Persons with wide contacts, broad experience in the Internet community, and a commitment to the success of ICANN;
3. Persons whom the selecting body is confident will consult widely and accept input in carrying out their responsibilities;
4. Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal commitments to particular individuals, organizations, or commercial objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee responsibilities;
5. Persons with an understanding of ICANN's mission and the potential impact of ICANN's activities on the broader Internet community who are willing to serve as volunteers, without compensation other than the reimbursement of certain expenses; and
6. Persons who are able to work and communicate in written and spoken English.