Executive Committee of the ICANN Board - Preliminary Report
The Executive Committee of the ICANN Board of Directors met via teleconference on 21 July 2008. Chairman Peter Dengate Thrush opened the meeting at 20.00 UTC / 1.00 PM PDT US.
The following Executive Committee Members attended the meeting: Peter Dengate Thrush (Chair), Raimundo Beca, Roberto Gaetano (Vice Chair), Rita Rodin and Dr. Paul Twomey. John Jeffrey, General Counsel & Secretary; and, Kurt Pritz, Senior Vice President, Services, also attended the Meeting.
The following items were discussed:
There was a general discussion regarding the posting of the previous Executive Committee Minutes and John Jeffrey agreed to look into publicly posting the preliminary reports and getting the minutes approved on outstanding minutes for the next Executive Committee Meeting.
Board Meeting Agenda Setting -- Executive Committee unanimously approved (by all members present) the following proposed agenda for the 31 July / 1 August 2008 Special Meeting of the Board:
1) President's Monthly Report
2) GNSO Improvements Council Restructuring
3) GNSO Improvements Implementation Progress
4) ASN Global Policy for Autonomous System Numbers
5) Independent Reviews Status Report
6) Registry Agreements Update - .AERO and .POST
7) Informational Update on Single-Letter Second-Level Registry Service Requests
8) ICANN response to UN Letter on "Enhanced Cooperation on Public Policy Issues Pertaining to the Internet."
9) Update on New gTLD Process - Next Steps
10) Recommendation of BGC's Recommendation for academic appointment to Nominating Committee
11) BFC's Recommendation regarding the Mexico City Budget Approval
12) Other Business
13) Recommendation of Board's Compensation Committee
14) Board Executive Session
Other discussions were taken offline.
The Meeting was formally adjourned at 20.35 UTC.