Preliminary Report of March 31 Special Meeting
Posted April 2, 1999
The Initial Board of Directors of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers conducted a special meeting via telephone on March 31, 1999, at 2:00 pm U.S. East Coast time.
- The Board unanimously adopted bylaw changes designed to establish the basic framework for the creation of the three Supporting Organizations called for in the bylaws (including specific provisions establishing a Domain Name Supporting Organization), based in large part on the DNSO Formation Concepts statement adopted by the ICANN Board of Directors on March 4, 1999. The changes adopted included several modifications from the draft changes posted in advance of the meeting at http://www.icann.org/dnso/dnsobylaws1.html, in response to public comment received on that draft. The revised bylaws will be posted no later than Friday, April 9.
- The Board appointed the following individuals to the
Independent Review Advisory Committee called for in the ICANN
- Linda Wilson, Chair (United States)
- Mads Bryde Andersen (Denmark)
- Ryozo Hayashi (Japan)
- Ethan Katsh (United States)
- Hans Kraaijenbrink (Netherlands)
- Jorge Plano (Argentina)
- Peter Dengate Thrush (New Zealand)
- Jorge Vega (Peru)
- The Board also discussed the Registrar Accreditation process and the Shared Registration System, and planning for its May meeting in Berlin.