IANA Committee (IC) Minutes
IC attendees: Kuo-Wei Wu – Chair; Bertrand de La Chapelle, Thomas Narten, Ray Plzak, Katim Touray and Suzanne Woolf
Other Board attendee: Steve Crocker
Invited Attendees: Chris DisspainStaff Members Present: Elise Gerich – Vice President, IANA; Samantha Eisner, Daniel Halloran, Barbara Roseman, Alina Syunkova, and Leo Vegoda
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Minutes. The committee reviewed and approved the minutes of the previous IC meeting held on 19 May 2011, with one member abstaining from the vote.
Nomenclature in IANA database. Staff presented four options for representing country names for the information in the IANA database. This was a follow-on action to the IC discussion held in May 2011 related to nomenclature. For the second version of the automated root zone management software, the IC approved the continuation of the ISO-3166 country name for the delegation record country field in the IANA database. For all other fields (Sponsoring Organization, Administrative Contact, Technical Contact) where there is a representation of physical location or postal address, the IC recommends that input and presentation of country names should reflect the text submitted by the ccTLD manager. The first version of the rollout of the automation software will not incorporate these recommendations.
- Staff to provide information to the IC regarding the origin of this agenda item to further inform the necessary steps in providing information on this item to the full Board.
Local Internet community support in Delegations and Redelegations. The IC discussed a proposed recommendation to the Board regarding clarification of a terminology issue that has arisen in consideration of ccTLD delegation and redelegation requests. The IC also considered a recommendation on documentary requirements to assist the Board in considering requests pending ccNSO consideration of policy recommendations in this area. The IC agreed to recommend a resolution for consideration by the Board.
- Staff to work with IC members to finalize the text of a recommended resolution to the Board.
- After finalization, staff to forward recommended resolution to the Board for consideration.
- Any other business – The IC briefly discussed the RPKI item that is proposed for Board consideration at the meeting in Singapore and the need for greater communication. IC members suggested potential agenda items for consideration at future meetings related to other criteria associated with reviewing delegation and redelegation requests, as well as updates on the further Notice of Inquiry issued regarding the IANA Functions Contract.