Minutes – Board IANA Committee Meeting
1 March 2009 at 14:30 UTC
Committee members present: Harald Alvestrand - Chair, Raimundo Beca, Steve Crocker, Demi Getschko, and Katim Touray
Invited Committee Members Present: Thomas Narten, Peter Dengate Thrush and Suzanne Woolf
Staff members present: Doug Brent, David Conrad, Samantha Eisner, Kurt Pritz, Barbara Roseman, Diane Schroeder, Amy Stathos and Karla Valente
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed and unanimously approved minutes of last meeting.
- Discussed revisions to committee charter, including changes to common language as approved by Board Governance Committee (BGC). Unanimously approved amendments. Action: Staff to present IC Charter to Board for approval as recommended by the BGC.
- Discussed oversight structure of IANA, including ICANN Board and the Department of Commerce (DoC). Action: Staff to provide materials documenting oversight structure.
- Discussed status of Root Zone signing discussions, including conversation of possible and proposed solutions. Action: Staff to continue providing updates.
- Discussed proposed technical check additions for name server delegations. Action: Staff to prepare briefing paper.
- Discussed IPv4 free pool availability and proposals under discussion at the RIRs.
- Discussed proposed agenda for April meeting. Action: Staff to prepare proposal for meeting schedule for remainder of 2009.