Structural Improvements Committee - Preliminary Report
Committee members present: Harald Alvestrand, Raimundo Beca, Roberto Gaetano – chair, and Jean-Jacques Subrenat
Committee member not present but sends apologies: Rita Rodin Johnston
Staff members present: Jon Jeffrey, Marco Lorenzoni, Denise Michel, Diane Schroeder and Amy Stathos
The following is a summary of discussion, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed and unanimously approved minutes from previous meeting.
- Discussed status of GNSO Improvements and the need for resolutions regarding the timing of seating the GNSO council and directing staff to revise Stakeholder Group (SG) charters for SGs comments and then Board approval. Unanimously approved resolutions for Board consideration.
- Discussed questions posed by GNSO Improvements working group to Board. Action: Board liaison to GNSO Improvements working group to send questions and recommended responses to committee for review and comment.
- Discussed and unanimously passed resolution stating that the NomCom representatives from GNSO should be linked to SGs and not constituencies.
- Discussed any other issues stemming from review working group reports that could be voted on at Board meeting on 21 May. Action: Staff to review Board review working group draft report and draft resolution for Board consideration identifying the issues agreed and those still open, and directing staff to post report upon its completion.