Structural Improvements Committee Minutes
Preliminary Report - 28 February 2009
Committee members present: Harald Alvestrand, Raimundo Beca, Roberto Gaetano – chair, Rita Rodin Johnston and Jean-Jacques Subrenat
Other Board Member present – Peter Dengate Thrush
Staff members present: Samantha Eisner, Marco Lorenzoni, Denise Michel, Diane Schroeder, and Amy Stathos
Also present (for first part of discussion): Chris Disspain
The following is a summary of discussion, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed and unanimously approved minutes from previous meeting.
- Discussed timing and process for initiating ccNSO independent Review: Action: Staff to draft paper identifying options as to how the review would work, its timeline and pros and cons of each option.
- Discussed status of GNSO Improvements and working group structure. Actions: Board to acknowledge receipt of charters and revert with comments; Board to take action by next meeting on staff recommendations re: dealing with user community within GNSO.
- Discussed nature of timing of presentations to be made in Mexico on ongoing reviews, indicating that there will be presentations on Wednesday and Thursday during the Mexico meeting, updating community on present state of all open Organization Reviews.
- Discussed status of analysis of Organizational Reviews. Action: Staff to draft a summary of the good things and the bad that have occurred in the various reviews to date for the next committee meeting; committee members to send comments to staff for incorporation into Organizational Review process paper and staff to distribute revised paper a week before next committee meeting.