Structural Improvements Committee Minutes
13 January 2009; 20:00 UTC
Committee members present: Harald Alvestrand, Raimundo Beca, Roberto Gaetano – chair, and Rita Rodin Johnston
Committee member not present and sends apologies: Jean-Jacques Subrenat (JJS)
Staff members present: Doug Brent, Marco Lorenzoni, Denise Michel, Diane Schroeder and Amy Stathos
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed draft charter and BGC’s role in developing language common to all charters. Action: The committee should send email to list with comments to charter, but will wait to approve until common language is agreed and distributed by BGC.
- Discussed finalizing calendar for meetings from now until annual meeting. Action: Committee chair to distribute proposed calendar within a week and the committee is to comment on proposed schedule of meetings via email.
- Staff provided a status update on the ongoing organizational reviews and the committee discussed the various meetings and time slots that may be needed in Mexico for presentations. Action: Staff to develop list, in addition to power point chart, as to upcoming steps for each review.
- Discussed specific status of NomCom review and, in particular identification of how the recommendations interrelate with other review recommendations. Action: The SIC to review materials over the next couple of weeks in order to reach agreement as to which recommendations can be implemented now and which one’s need to be looked at with eye towards recommendations from other structural reviews because they have some inter-dependencies with recommendations resulting from those other reviews.
- Discussed streamlining the organizational review process and establishing an assessment portion at end to determine if recommendations that have been implemented are working or not working, and why. Action: Staff to begin developing plan document for discussion with the SIC, with suggested revisions to streamline the process and to include new assessment phase after recommendations are implemented.