Minutes - Risk Committee Meeting
Committee members present: Steve Crocker, Steve Goldstein, Rajasekhar Ramaraj, and Bruce Tonkin - Chair
Other Board members present: Dennis Jennings, Ray Plzak, Wendy Seltzer and Suzanne Woolf
Staff members present: Doug Brent, Samantha Eisner, John Jeffrey, Greg Rattray, Diane Schroeder, Amy Stathos and Kevin Wilson
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed and unanimously approved minutes from 27 January 2009 and 1 March 2009 committee meetings.
- Discussed status of committee action items identified at previous meeting. Action: Staff to assist committee Chair in facilitating informal meeting of chairs of the Board Risk, Audit and Finance committees.
- Discussed staff paper on initial identification of areas for enterprise risk management and steps to move forward to formalize a successful risk management process, including potential institution of a Risk officer and ways to identify risks unique to the organization, both internal and external. Action: Staff to proceed with engagement of consultant prior to Seoul to assist in risk and asset identification under terms agreed upon by the committee; Staff to assist in preparing sequenced internal discussions, including training for Board members on risk terminology, and executive work with consultant, and organizing a Board work session prior to Seoul; Staff to provide enterprise risk management paper to entire Board.
- Discussed process for risk identification in ICANN’s project management system. Action: Staff to report to Board on a going-forward basis regarding any risks identified as critical and to facilitate the process, Staff to present a sample risk assessment report to committee.
- Discussed committee’s report to the community to be presented at the Sydney meeting. Action: Staff to revise and post.