New Accredited Registrars Announced
(July 10, 2000) The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) announced today that eleven additional companies have qualified to be accredited as domain name registrars in the .com, .net and .org domains. They are:
- Blueberry Hill Communications, Inc. dba 4domains.com (United States)
- CenterGate Research Group, LLC (United States)
- Corporate Domains, Inc. (United States)
- DEXT Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
- Domains.ca Corporation (Canada)
- Equitron, Inc. dba DomainNameRegistration.com (United States)
- eXtraActive, Inc. (United States)
- HDFC WebNet Services Limited (India)
- Hi-Tech Information & Marketing Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Hughes Electronic Commerce, Inc. dba Hughes.Net (United States)
- Polar Software Limited (India)
These new 11 bring the total number of companies that have met the criteria for accreditation to 135. The new registrars will become part of the Shared Registration System ("SRS"), the domain name registration system for competitive registrars in the .com, .net, and .org top-level domains. Stability of the Internet and continuity for consumers are protected by the requirement that every business desiring to become a registrar in top-level domains must first become accredited by ICANN. Under the SRS competing ICANN-accredited registrars register domain names utilizing one shared, central registry operated and maintained by Network Solutions, Inc.
For more information on ICANN accreditation and a list of all accredited registrars, see http://www.icann.org/registrars/accreditation.htm.