ICANN Begins Posting Issue Papers for Cairo Meeting
The next ICANN meeting is scheduled for March 7-10, 2000, in Cairo, Egypt. In advance of that meeting, ICANN is seeking written comments from the Internet community on several issues that will be discussed at the Cairo meeting:
- At Large Membership and elections
- Considerations and policies relating to creation of new top-level domain-name registries and to famous-names issues
- ccTLD delegation and administration policies
- ICANN budget for 2000-2001 fiscal year
- Final approval of Independent Review Policy
- Bylaws revision to allow reassignment of Original ASO Director terms
Beginning this week, ICANN is posting background materials, analyses, and proposals concerning these issues. These materials may be accessed through <http://www.icann.org/cairo2000/cairo-details.htm#agenda>. The newly introduced, web-based ICANN public comment forum has been configured to allow community comments and discussions on each of these issues.
As the meeting nears, additional proposals and analyses will be posted on these topics, so members of the community are encouraged periodically to check the materials, as well as the online discussions.