EXTENSION OF DEADLINE - Accountability & Transparency Review Team 2 (ATRT 2): Call for Volunteer ATRT Members: Representing ICANN Advisory Committees and Supporting Organizations; and Serving as Independent Experts
5 December 2012
14 January 2013 – 23:59 UTC
To ensure ICANN's oversight of the multi-stakeholder model remains transparent and accountable (and to improve its performance), ICANN organizes independent reviews of its accountability and transparency commitments no less frequently than every three years in accordance with section 9.1 of the Affirmation of Commitments (AoC),
The first ATRT was launched in early 2010 and delivered its final report on 31 December 2010. For further information, refer to: http://www.icann.org/en/about/aoc-review/atrt
The reviews are performed by volunteer community members and include the following (or their designated nominees): the Chair of the GAC, the Chair of the Board of ICANN, the Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information of the DOC, representatives of the relevant ICANN Advisory Committees and Supporting Organizations and independent experts.
On 5 October 2012, ICANN invited interested individuals to apply for:
- a position of Volunteer Review Team Member, representing a Supporting Organization (SO) or Advisory Committee (AC), or
- a position of Independent Expert on the second Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT 2); or
- both positions while requesting that candidates specify their preference.
Please read the Call for Applicants to find details on the application procedure, mission, timeline, mandate, desired skillset etc.
The stated deadline of 5 December 2012 for applications is drawing to a close. In consideration of the low number of applications received to date (please refer to the repository at http://www.icann.org/en/about/aoc-review/atrt/2/applications), the deadline to apply for a position of volunteer Review Team Member representing an ICANN SO or AC, or for a position of independent expert on the ATRT 2 is now extended to 14 January 2013 – 23:59 UTC.
The calendar is deferred as follows:
- 28 January 2013 - SO/AC declarations of endorsed candidates
- 15 February 2013 – Selection of the Team (composition of the Review Team will be determined jointly by the Chair of the GAC and the Chair of the ICANN Board)
- Early March 2013 – kick-off meeting
Please consider volunteering for this important work. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 January 2013 – 23:59 UTC.
Please refer to the Call for Applicants for further information on the application procedure.