Activités et réunions du Conseil d’administration
PPC Attendees: Jean-Jacques Subrenat – Chair, Gonzalo Navarro, Thomas Narten, Vanda Scartezini and Katim Touray
Staff Attendees: Rod Beckstrom – President and CEO; Nick Ashton Hart, Samantha Eisner, Diane Schroeder, Amy Stathos and Nick Tomasso
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- The PPC Chair received comments on the proposed agenda and accepted the CEO’s suggestion that the PPC add to its agenda today remote participation tools for use at the upcoming ICANN International Meeting in Nairobi.
- Reviewed the minutes from the prior PPC meeting, and all voting members in attendance unanimously approved the minutes.
- Discussed the proposed questionnaire prepared by Staff relating to ICANN’s meetings, which is the first of a three-part consultation. The survey will be posted for public response in sufficient time to gather some feedback to allow for a robust discussion in Nairobi. Additional consultation will occur prior to the ICANN meeting in Brussels, and sufficient information should be collected by September to allow for a recommendation of proposals to the PPC and Board regarding the future format and features of ICANN’s International Public Meetings. The PPC provided substantive guidance and comments to Staff to consider and revise, and requested a pre-launch testing to confirm the usability of the survey.
- Staff to incorporate PPC member suggestions and comments and revise proposed questionnaire, and circulate to the PPC. If PPC members have comments on revised survey, PPC members to provide input by email to Staff.
- General Counsel’s office to provide guidance on requested protection of personal data points identified for collection.
- Staff to provide PPC and other testers with pre-launch version of survey as soon as possible, for testing in advance of anticipated launch in mid-February 2010.
- Discussed Staff work to date on preparing a standardized remote participation toolset for use at the Nairobi International Public Meeting. This work includes options for use by persons with varying levels of bandwidth, and innovations in use of current tools to allow for better access. Discussed the need for a formation of operational practices for remote participation, such as a user’s guide and timing of audio file availability to make sure the postings are done in a timely fashion. The PPC Chair suggested that Staff create short, user-friendly how-to videos on the more widely-used remote participation tools, in advance of the Nairobi meeting, along with written documentation.
- By the end of the week, staff to provide the PPC Chair with a write up of the potential resources required for the creation of the requested videos and documentation, for presentation to the ICANN CEO and Chief Operating Officer.
- Staff to begin work on identifying proper content for the requested videos.