Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas

  • English

Structural Improvements Committee Meeting Minutes 22 July 2010

SIC Attendees:  Ray Plzak – Chair, George Sadowsky, Mike Silber, and Jean-Jacques Subrenat

SIC Apologies: Jonne Soininen

Staff Attendees:  David Olive - Vice President, Policy Development Support; Samantha Eisner, Rob Hoggarth, Olof Nordling, Diane Schroeder, and Amy Stathos

The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:

  1. The meeting was called to order at 15:02 UTC.

  2. All voting members in attendance approved the minutes of the previous meeting.

  3. Reviewed the status of action items identified at the previous meting.  Any action items carried over were discussed under other agenda points.

  4. Received an update from staff on the form of the proposed dashboard for reporting on the status of implementation of recommendations arising out the organizational reviews.  The SIC agreed that the GNSO Improvements reporting dashboard would serve as a pilot of reporting on the other organizational reviews.

    • Actions:
      • SIC members to review updated dashboard to provide further comments to staff.
      • Staff to make the dashboard publicly available after addressing the SIC member comments.
      • Staff to draft note on how the dashboard can be expanded to include reporting on implementation of other reviews.
  5. Discussed the status of the planning for the review of the TLG and received an update from staff.  Staff confirmed that the reviewer is on target to deliver a report prior to the 2010 Annual General Meeting.
    • Actions:
      • Staff to continue work to complete the review of the TLG by the 2010 Annual General Meeting.
      • Staff to draft note for the SIC on the process of procurement of the organization performing review of the TLG, for consideration of posting with the review.
  6. The Chair reported on his meeting with representatives from the NRO/ASO regarding the form of review of the ASO, and noted that the NRO has determined to conduct its own review of the ASO pursuant to the ICANN/NRO Memorandum of Understanding.  The SIC discussed the possibility of forming a review Working Group regarding the ASO review and determined that it was not necessary in this instance. 
    • Actions:
      • Staff and Chair to complete the activities regarding the structuring of the process of the review of the ASO, working with the NRO.
      • The Chair to coordinate with staff to identify how to bring the results of the review of the ASO back to the SIC.
  7. Received update from the SIC drafting team work on defining criteria for constituencies and proposed changes and clarifications to the criteria to reflect discussions within the community and enforceability of criteria.  The SIC also discussed how the constituency criteria interplay with the discussions regarding the proposed charter for the Non Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG) within the GNSO
    • Actions:
      • SIC drafting team (George Sadowsky, Mike Silber and Jonne Soininen) to refine proposed criteria and produced updated paper for SIC consideration within four to six weeks.
      • Staff to produce paper describing the process of evaluation of proposed constituencies against the criteria defined by the SIC drafting team.
  8. Discussed the completion of the RSSAC review Working Group final report and the recommended actions upon the fulfillment of the Working Group’s mandate.  All voting members in attendance agreed to recommend that the Board: (1) receive the RSSAC review Working Group Final Report; (2) thank the members of the Working Group for their work; (3) dissolve the Working Group; and (4) direct the SIC to, by the October 2010 meeting of the Board, present a suggested set of actions to address the Working Group recommendations.
    • Action:
      • Staff to draft proposed resolution capturing the SIC recommendations on the RSSAC review Working Group Final Report and forward to the Board for consideration at the August 2010 meeting of the Board.
  9. Began discussion of the need to create a procedure for the periodic review of GNSO Stakeholder Group Charters.
    • Action:
      • Staff to produce draft process document to formalize the procedure for the review of Stakeholder Group Charters.
  10. Briefly discussed the process of review Board-requested summary of the At-Large Advisory Committee Improvements Plan.
  11. The meeting was adjourned at 16:00 UTC.