Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas

  • English

Structural Improvements Committee Meeting Minutes 8 December 2010

SIC Attendees:  Bertrand de La Chapelle (joined in progress), Ray Plzak – Chair, George Sadowsky, Mike Silber (joined in progress), Jonne Soininen, and Jean-Jacques Subrenat.

Staff Attendees: Akram Atallah, David Olive, Rob Hoggarth, Daniel Halloran, Olof Nordling, and Diane Schroeder.

The following is a summary of discussions, decisions, and actions identified:

  1. The meeting was called to order at 14:08 UTC (09:08 local time in Cartagena, Colombia).

  2. Agenda: Reviewed and revised.

  3. Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

  4. Review of Action Items: Old Business items discussed during agenda items below.

  5. Nominating Committee Review: The detailed implementation plan has been produced and submitted to the SIC. Bylaws changes are posted for public comment through 10 December 2010. The extended process for implementation of the chair-in-waiting concept was discussed. A motion was approved recommending that the Board should approve the Detailed Implementation Plan.

    • Action:

      • Staff to add Board approval of the implementation plan to the Board's consent agenda.

  6. RSSAC Review: The high-level review implementation plan has been prepared. SIC discussed arrangements for staff support for RSSAC. Discussed consultation with RSSAC concerning the implementation plan, and the need for SIC to pay particular attention to implementation of the RSSAC review. The detailed implementation plan will include resource requirements. A motion was approved recommending that the Board should approve the high-level implementation plan.

    • Action:

      • Staff to prepare a detailed RSSAC Review Implementation Plan, inlcluding resource requirements for implementation activities and monitoring.

  7. Technical Liaison Group Review: discussed the posting of the final review report for public comment.

    • Action:

      • Staff to post the final review report for public comment.

  8. Constituency Recognition Process: discussed revised new GNSO Constituency Recognition Process. Discussed highlights of revised process: the stakeholder group has a central role in the process, and the process includes Board ratification. No action on the revised process is proposed for Cartagena, but work will continue on the process and criteria. Any pending application will be grandfathered under existing criteria. Discussed analogy to ALAC and ccNSO processes for taking on new members/structures. The committee discussed the desirability of studying processes across SOs and ACs to gauge the level of consistency. It might be possible to give general prescriptions for processes to be sure they include, for example, opportunities for review.

    • Action:

      • Staff to revise process and flowchart to add section number references to process flowchart, and circulate soft copies to committee members.

      • Staff to review SIC charter to determine appropriate committee for handling work studying processes across SOs and ACs to gauge the level of consistency, and to explore if changes to SIC charter might be needed for this work to be conducted by SIC.

  9. Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group Charter: discussed meeting to be held with NCSG at 11 a.m. local time Thursday in Cartagena. Discussed timeline for conclusion of discussions at San Francisco.

    • Actions:

      • Staff to proofread and analyze charter document for possible suggested edits to ensure consistency.

      • Staff to prepare a flowchart depicting the charter processes.

  10. Other business: Jean-Jacques Subrenat and Jonne Soininen thanked Ray Plzak for his leadership and staff for their support. George Sadowsky thanked Jean-Jacques and Jonne for their contributions.

  11. The meeting was adjourned at 15:21 UTC (10:21 local time in Cartagena).