Actividades y reuniones de la Junta Directiva
Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas
17 February 2009 at 20:00 UTC
PPC members present: Dennis Jennings, Thomas Narten, Jean Jacques Subrenat – chair, and Katim Touray
PPC member not present and sends apologies: Dave Wodelet
Staff Members Present: Samantha Eisner, Kieren McCarthy, Diane Schroeder, Amy Stathos and Nick Tomasso
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Discussed and unanimously approved minutes from 14 January 2009 committee meeting.
- Discussed status of committee charter, which has been accepted by the Board Governance Committee and will be recommended for approval by the Board in Mexico City.
- Reviewed discussion from 27 January 2009 informal meeting.
- Discussed scheduling and planning details for PPC meeting in public in Mexico City, including a detailed discussion on how to maximize public participation. Action: Staff to circulate paper regarding mechanisms for real-time feedback and suggestions for committee member visibility, and provide outline for presentation to At-Large Summit; staff to follow up on interpretation and scribing for the meeting.
- Discussed suggested procedures for the public forum sessions in Mexico City. Action: Staff to provide information to Board regarding how the public forum sessions will work. Staff also to provide guidance on physical room formation for future public forum sessions.
- Discussed public participation definition and agreed that pointing to an i nternational public participation group’s core values as a guideline to be use d for public participation activities would be a positive step. Action: Committee Chair to inform Board about guidelines.
- Discussed formation of budget for PPC activities and initiatives. Action: Staff to provide executive summary of budget proposal to committee so committee chair can submit to Board in report about committee activities and for submission through the normal operational plan and budget process.
- Discussed potential conflicts in scheduling between ICANN’s international meetings and other Internet-related meetings and/or social and cultural events. Action: Staff to compile revised calendar of community meetings, religious holidays and cultural dates of note and provide to committee for consideration.