Actividades y reuniones de la Junta Directiva
Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas
IC attendees: Harald Alvestrand – chair, Raimundo Beca, Steve Crocker, Thomas Narten, Katim Touray, and Suzanne Woolf
Other Board Member attendees: Rod Beckstrom – President and CEO; Dennis Jennings
Invited Attendees: Jonne Soininen
Staff Members Present: Doug Brent – COO, Kurt Pritz – SVP-Services; David Conrad, Kim Davies, Rick Lamb, Samantha Eisner, Amy Stathos, Theresa Swinehart, and Leo Vegoda
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Received an operational status report from staff on multiple items, including: DNSSEC and the ongoing work with the NTIA and VeriSign on root zone signing and architecture work; the signing of the .ARPA zone; progress on agreements among the RIRs for the automation of request handling in IP6.ARPA and IN-ADDR.ARPA and migration of the IN-ADDR.ARPA zone, with discussions remaining on the handling of secondary servers; the implementation of a generic signing infrastructure for the signing of the ICANN-controlled zones, and the testing of the architecture, with testing in the next trimester and a goal of signing all ICANN zones by the Nairobi meeting.
- Staff to work with IC members on what additional discussions may be necessary to provide information on DNSSEC progress.
- Received staff update on the ccNSO Working Group on ccTLD delegation and redelegation and the potential for work to be introduced on issues relating to the retirement of ccTLDs. Staff also reported on internal work trying to better document the delegation and redelegation processes. The IC also discussed concerns about the redelegation process that may remain unresolved while the ccNSO Working Group is undertaking its efforts.
- Staff to provide the IC with links to the scope paper prepared by the Working Group as soon as it is available and the action list identified at previous meetings.
- Raimundo Beca to provide links to recent free trade agreements referencing ccTLDs.
- Staff to come up with a list of the terms that Board members have found insufficiently defined to see if the terms can be better defined within the current state of the process.
- Received staff update on the independent review of the glue study. A contractor has been engaged and is currently undertaking work and preparing a report to be finalized in December.
- Steve Crocker to act as an expert reviewer of the draft report prior to publication of the final report.
- Received staff update on work on the disaster recovery status of the IANA function and proposed scenario testing to assure response and recovery in stringent time frames.
- Staff to work to make sure recovery plan is comprehensive with respect to scenarios.
- Received staff update on the status of the automation of Root Zone Management and the continued work to introduce new functionality into the design prior to re-launching testing. Staff reported that due to timelines, testing is not likely to restart prior to January 2010, and deployment is likely pushed to the middle of 2010.
- Staff to provide additional comprehensive transaction reporting to the AC, as well as an evaluation of the reporting process.
- Staff to provide AC with a report on the assessment of the RZM process.
- Received staff update on the resources for IDN implementation and preparation, including additional staff and streamlining of processes.
- Staff to try to structure a demonstrable model to anticipate the stresses on the IANA functions’ input and processing queues after applications are received.
- Received staff updates on IPv6 efforts, working with the NTIA on the IANA functions contract, and the IANA Business Excellence Workshop taking place at the Seoul meeting.