Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas

  • English

Minutes - IANA Committee (IC) Meeting 21 June 2009

Committee members present: Harald Alvestrand - Chair, Raimundo Beca, Steve Crocker Thomas Narten, Katim Touray and Suzanne Woolf

Staff members present: Doug Brent, David Conrad, Kim Davies, Samantha Eisner, Kurt Pritz, Barbara Roseman, Diane Schroeder, Amy Stathos, and Leo Vegoda

The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:

  • Unanimously approved minutes of the last meeting.
  • Reviewed status of completed work items, including: DNS Technical Checks update was posted to the website; Routing Diversity Report provided; and updated glossary provided to the committee. Action: Staff to update DNS Technical Checks document to include more robust information, as suggested by the IC; Staff to post glossary after Sydney meeting, and to determine process to notify committee where there is a significant update to documents.
  • Discussed IANA Process reviews, relating to the documentation of IANA processes, and that the portions on protocol parameter and number resources are not yet completed. Action: Staff to continue work on IANA Process review documents.
  • Received an update of other outstanding work items. Action: Staff and IC to work to prioritize activities, given the heavy workload.
  • Discussed status of Root Zone signing discussions and system considerations, and status of design solutions under consideration. VeriSign and NTIA will be presenting to the community during the Sydney meeting, and the entities are working towards architectural solutions and technical requirements specifications. Staff also reported on general signing architecture and status of infrastructure for roots such as dot-ICANN, with testing ready in July. Actions: Staff intends to have draft architecture completed by 1 July 2009 and available for IETF meeting to allow for input, while noting that there are many open issues remaining; Staff to provide IC with draft report on effects of parallel systems.
  • Discussed policy on updating glue records. Action: Staff to review feasibility of undertaking technical review and report back to committee; Staff to identify more formal processes for changes and modifications to IANA policy, including a requirement to document all consultations undertaken; Staff to provide quantitative information on the pending requests/impact of delays in policy changes.
  • Received update on Root Zone process review, and staff reported that they are in the process of locating candidates to assist in review.
  • Discussed IANA’s Business Excellence Objective project and reported that a consultant has been contracted, staff has been assigned, and work is active and underway, with presentation on project scope anticipated by September 2009 meeting of IC.
  • Discussed need for IC report to the public for presentation in Sydney. Action: Staff to draft and post for IC.