Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas

  • English

IANA Committee (IC) Minutes 16 November 2010

IC attendees: Harald Alvestrand – chair, Dennis Jennings, Thomas Narten, Kuo-Wei-Wu, and Suzanne Woolf

Apologies: Katim Touray

Other Board attendees: Steve Crocker

Staff Members Present: Elise Gerich – VP, IANA; Jamie Hedlund – Vice President, Government Affairs (Americas); Joe Abley, Kim Davies, Diane Schroeder, Amy Stathos, and Leo Vegoda.

The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:

  1. Action Items: Received update from staff of progress on action items identified for action at this meeting.

    • Action (carried over or renewed):

      • Publication of Root Zone user documentation relating to IANA Function on track for posting by end of month.

      • Staff to produce document to accompany informational posting of external report on root zone glue policy, and complete posting by February 2011, with report to the IC on the completion of task.

  2. Approach to DNAME in the root: Received presentation on approach to DNAME testing in the root and discussed additional work necessary, including potential budget and resource implications. The IC discussed that additional input on the proper scoping of the study would be valuable.

    • Action:

      • Staff to reach out to obtain informal input from experts and report back to the IC on the outcome of that outreach.

      • After completion of defining scope of work, staff to identify contractors to provide estimates to perform work, after which the work will need to be prioritized and funded.

  3. IPv4 Registries: Staff presented an initial scale of risks of relating to IPv4 Registries for IC consideration.

    • Action:

      • Staff to draft response to inquiry relating to IPv4 Registries.

  4. Delegation and Redelegation: Received update from staff on the work regarding refinement of Board consideration of delegation and redelegation requests, including potential definitions. The IC discussed additional work necessary prior to forwarding staff work to the Board for action, including informal consultation with the ccNSO and contracted parties that have identified interest in potential policy setting on this topic.

    • Action:

      • Staff to consult with the ICANN Executive team, and engage in informal consultation with the ccNSO and interested contracted party.

  5. IC Workplan: Discussed workplan as presented by staff and the IC suggested additions to the schedule and refinement of tasks identified, including increased reporting.

    • Action:

      • Staff to modify workplan according to IC comments and recirculate to the IC for further comment, to allow for approval at the IC’s meeting in December 2010.

      • Staff to produce a summary on strategy for RPKI for consideration at a future IC meeting, and confirm that items such as this are recorded on the workplan.

  6. Other Business:

    • Staff informed the IC of an upcoming announcement related to the redelegation of IN-ADDR.ARPA.

    • The Chair noted the encouragement of the Board for the IC to move forward with a process to delegate authority for routine delegations and redelegations to the IANA Committee.